CHAPTER 10

The final bell of Friday afternoon was impatiently awaited amongst many students in this University, including me. There was a big party at a frat tonight and almost everyone was attending it. After being friendly blackmailed by Theo and forced by Alice, I finally gave in to go. A party should help my stress, shouldn’t it? Alice is also coming with me because I didn’t want to be stuck at this party alone. Yeah Theo would be there, but he has more friends and he would probably leave me there hanging. I don’t plan on drinking tonight since parties, alcohol and drugs are usually not my thing. Maybe one drink, but nothing more. I also set a curfew for me and Alice that she is unaware of. I expect us to be in the dorm by no latest than three in the morning.

Harry has ignored me again all day, but I did catch him staring at me two times. Once was in Business class, and the other was in the cafeteria. I tried to act like I never saw him, but I think I failed miserably. Alice and I got dance class and she didn’t stop blabbering about the party tonight. What is so exciting in parties anyway? It’s always the same old routing. Doesn’t it get old after a while?

“I think you should totally wear this!” Alice exclaims holding out one of her very short and very revealing red dress.

“Too slutty,” I cringe and she shoots me a glare. “In my opinion, no offence.”

She continues to go through her clothes in her closet until I get bored. The red dress was probably the fiftieth outfit she had showed me since we got here. Good thing we both took our shower this morning, and my hair still looks pretty decent. I could use a little touch-up for my makeup but that isn’t going to take long. I look through my own dresses and take out a royal blue dress; I pitch it onto my bed deciding it was too boring. I then took out my orange one followed by a pink one, a red one, a peach one, another red one and a black and white one.

“Woah, rewind.” Alice exclaims.

I pick up the black and white cocktail dress that I have worn once in my life. The top of the dress is plain white and it separates in the middle to turn a sparkly tone of black. The top is loose a bit but the lower half is tight. I could already feel it hug my thighs.

“You are totally wearing this tonight!”

“Um, I don’t thi-“

“No excuses, you are wearing this. Go get dressed, now!” Alice interrupts me and pushes me into the bathroom.

I had difficulty to fit in there but I eventually made my way through. The bottom was not as tight on me as I expected. I adjust the lower half and the upper one before going outside. Alice freezes once she sees me.

“You look amazing!” she squeals. “Now, get out and do your stuff. I have to get ready too.”

I leave her the place and start looking in my little wardrobe for some shoes to match. I am a big fan of Converse shoes, but I also do like high heels. They make my legs look like they are longer. I finally lay my eyes on a brand new pair that I have bought myself in Australia before moving here. They are black and a strap wraps around my ankle but crosses in the front, leaving my toes nude. I strap them onto my feet and check myself out in the full-length mirror. Wow, I looked really amazing. It’s been so long since I have actually had an outing with my friends.

By the time I touched-up my makeup, curled my hair a little more and braided it, Alice finally steps out of the bathroom. She is wearing a white dress with a golden overture on her chest. The dress hugs perfectly all of her curves. Her hair is still natural, wavy and very pretty. She has a couple of golden jewelleries on her and her heels are golden too. I really like what she is wearing, it’s not too much yet it is certainly not boring.