CHAPTER 34

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END. READ PLEASE <3

--

It was six thirty PM on New Year’s Eve and Harry, Tyler and I rushed all over the apartment. We were hosting a New Year’s party and we were missing a lot of stuff. Harry was pouring champagne in glasses, Tyler was putting the small snacks on a trey and I was looking for the confetti. We had all woken up really early to go buy last minute essentials and start decorating the flat. Our theme was silver and blue. So the balloons, confetti and other decorations were all of those colors. It blended in really well with our black and white apartment.

After my birthday, Harry, Tyler and I went back to my dorm and helped me pack my stuff. Alice arrived in the middle of nowhere and I explained everything to her. She was really mad at me for leaving without notice but she understood because of my Aunt. I had learned that I was no longer in the dance squad because I had missed so many sessions and that my teachers were starting to worry and planning on kicking me out of Uni. But the day after packing was Monday and I went to school. I explained to my teachers that I had lost my Aunt and I had to take care of my little brother. They all understood and gave me work to catch up on. During that week, I went to court with Tyler and I finally got legal custody of him. Eventually, the three of us moved in the apartment and things went back to normal. Harry and I went to class, Tyler stayed at home playing video games. Gladly, he wasn’t the one to leave a mess. Oh, and I had gotten myself a part-time job at Starbucks, thanks to Maze.

“Babe,” I screamed across the apartment. “Have you seen the confetti? I can’t find them anywhere.”

“They’re on the dining table.” Harry screamed back.

I rolled my eyes and mentally slapped myself for not looking on the most obvious place in the world. I thanked him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek while I passed through the kitchen to go to the dining room. I took the confetti and placed them on the other trey. The confetti was in some kind of bottle that when you twist it, it explodes and spreads confetti everywhere. We would be doing that when the clock will strike midnight.

Around eight, people started arriving and we all greeted them. Harry was talking to some guy, Tyler was talking to Kaila—Jonathan’s little sister—and they seem to be getting it on. They were both obviously flirting with each other and I just found it adorable. On the other hand, I was in the kitchen, preparing the snacks. People kept arriving as I served the guests with the small snack. The only people missing were Alice and Theo. They had advised me earlier that they would only be there around eleven because they had another party.

From eight to eleven, people chatted, danced and had a good time. The music was loud but not loud enough to get the police over here. Tyler was still with Kaila and I was in the kitchen with Harry. I was sat on the counter and Harry stood in between my legs. His hands were on my waist and my arms were wrapped around his neck. He dipped his head in the crook of my neck and started kissing it gingerly. It tickled so I kept on giggling but he only continued to leave pecks on my skin. I pulled on one of his curls playfully and brought his head to mine and kissed his lips gently. He smiled through the kiss and I did too. Then, things got a little heated. He entered his tongue in my mouth and slipped his hands under my dress, stroking my thigh.

“Get a room for fuck’s sake.” Someone chuckled behind us.

Harry and I snapped our heads in the direction of the voice. It was Theo. Next to him was Alice and she had a huge smirk plastered on her face while she stared at me. Harry and Theo looked at each other, grinning.

“What’s up, man? Long-time no see.” Theo and Harry did that manly-thug handshake.

Theo and Harry told us they were going on the balcony for a talk so they left Alice and me in the kitchen. We hugged each other and then I grabbed us both a glass of champagne. Alice and I went in the living room and sat on the sofa. We both took a sip of our champagne and looked at each other with a smile.