4. Questions

"So do you wanna hang after school today?" Lily asked as we walked to the cafeteria to go eat. "Definitely!" I said with a big smile. We sat down in our usual spots and just talked about random stuff. I was in the middle of a story of how I hid from the teachers when she looked behind me. "What?" I asked confused not wanting to look behind me. "Look" she said nodding in the direction behind me. I turned around and there stood Jessies tall stature.

Jessies POV 

"Who are you staring at?" Lou asked. I was zoned out staring at her. Samantha. Her medium lenght dark brown blackish hair all wavy. The way she laughed, smiled, and walked was just undesricbable. And to top it all of she was mysterious with an everlasting smirk. No one really knew anything about her excpet for her best friend Lily. "Jess..... JESSIE!!" I shook my head coming out of my trance. I turned my head to see who was calling my name it was Lou. My best friend. "Yeah." I said turning towards him. "Who are you staring at?" he asked again. "Umm... nothing.... no one." I said stuttering. "Mmmhhmm.. yeah sure." he did narrowing his eyes. I raised an eyebrow. "All lunch period?" he did raising his eyebrows. "Alright fine!" I said knowing he would bug me about it all afternoon if I didn't tell him. "Go on" He said leaning back in his chair crossing his arms. "Her" I said pointing in Sam's direction. "Samantha Garnwell... Man no! You can't!" he said shaking his head. "What why not?" I asked confused. I knew he asked her out like 5 times for like 3 years but she rejected him everytime. "Because she rejects every guy that asks her out before they can even finish their sentence that's why!" he yelled "Well what's her deal?" I asked. "No one knows... One summer she came back to school a completely different person." he said in his storyteller voice. I scoffed "Yeah whatever" I said getting up.

I had finally mustered up courage to go and ask her out after 2 months. Man two months what was hapening to me? I'm never nervous to ask a girl out. But for some reason I was nervous to ask her. Was I scared of the fact that she might reject me before I can get my sentence out? I shook my head trying to get rid of the bad thoughts and walked up to the table where she was sitting at. She was in the middle of a story when she turned around and gave me a look. I didn't know what make of it. It was unreadable. So I said "Um... hey do you have plans tomorrow?". She raised an eyebrow and turned so she can face me and stood up. She was short she only came up to my chest. "Why did you?" she said pulling her signature smirk. "Uh... Yeah I did." I said my hands starting to shake. "You did? As in you did but not anymore... Or you did as in you are using the wrong version of the word?" she said kind of fast making it hard for me to keep up. "Umm.. the second part." I said kind of unsure of myself. She picked up on that. "You seem unsure of yourself." she said narrowing her eyes. I had no idea what to say. She giggled.