15. Hanging Out

Jess's POV

I waved goodbye and then got into my car. On the drive back to school I thought about how she was actually giving me a second chance! She told me that there was something different about me that she liked. I grinned to myself. I'm pretty sure that I have had it easier than any other guy that has tried to date her and I am extremely glad about that. She already messes up my head enough. If I was one of those guys it would've drove me insane. I shook my head and focused back on the road as I pulled into the school parking lot.

Once I was back inside the bell for next period. Had I really been gone for that long? "Hey Jess how'd it go?" Lou asked in a chipper voice. I smiled and looked at the ground so he wouldn't see the blush creeping up to my cheeks. "So I'm gonna take that as a yes." He said nudging my arm. I laughed. "Yeah it went great amazing actually. She said there was something about me that was different and she liked that." I said and smiled at each word. "Wow that sounds... Nice? A little too nice for something she would say. Are you sure that's what she said?" Lou asked looking at me suspiciously. "Well she also told me not to fuck it up, but yeah that exactly what she said." I looked at Lou as he nodding thinking about what I had just told him. "So she's into you? Not possible! She turns down every guy that pursues her! Or maybe this is part her game." Lou said attracting attention from a few people in the hallway. "What are you going on about now?" I asked completely confused about everything he just said. "Her game. You know that she plays guys. I've never been with her but I know that she is very capable of playing mind tricks and making you think one thing when it's actually another. It's that smile and laugh of hers, it gets you to believe and do anything she says." Lou explained. She has that affect on people in general though. But then again she always has.

This wasn't adding up together in my head right. It kind of sounded like to me that Lou was jealous. Maybe? I shook my head getting rid of those thoughts. Lou couldn't possibly be jealous of me. Me and him are best friends, we do everything together. Why would he be jealous? "Jess! Are you still there man?" Lou said waving a hand in front of my face. "Yeah. Well we um... We are gonna hang out after school, Sam and I." I said. "What? Why? Where are you two going?" he questioned. "Just out. No specific destination in mind." I said. "But I thought we were hanging today?" he said with a small barely noticeable frown. "Oh Lou I'm sorry I totally forgot! Rain check?" I asked feeling bad that I had forgotten about my plans with Lou. "Nah, I'm good." He mumbled as he walked away from me. I Looked down at the ground. Fuck! She is taking over my mind already. Wait! I know exactly how I'm going to fix this!

Sam's POV

I looked at the clock, he should be here any minute. I turned my attention to my outfit in the mirror waiting for it's final judgment. Frayed skinny jeans, white docs, a black shirt that read 'I DOn't bite" the 'do' in bright red and the rest in white, all topped off with my normal makeup and my hair in messy wavy locks and my beloved jersey style bump. I gave myself a mental nod to my outfit. Not too... me, but not too not me. I shook my head, I wasn't even making sense now. Ugh! This boy is going to be the death of me. Was I really dressing up to look nice again for him? I scoffed to myself, of course not. I was just... dressing up nice for... potential... dates and... myself. "Yeah! That's exactly what I'm doing!" I said to myself aloud as I nodded. The door bell rang making me jump and get jittery. I gave myself one final look over in the mirror and grabbed my stuff bouncing all the way down the stairs. I opened the door and my eyes practically bugged out of my head. There standing next to Jessie was Lou. "I hope you don't mind, but I invited Lou to come along too." Jessie said with an innocent smile.