Chapter 2

I walked the long, dusty trail road as I kept towards the sides and kept my spear on my shoulder. I calmly walked along as my grey armor may make me obvious to everyone around the area but as I walked along, I didn't really expect anything bad to happen just quite yet.

Besides, I was a lonely Ashigaru, I wasn't really much o a big target compared to a lone samurai.

As I walked along, along the dusty road, I came through a forest and as the calling of the birds soon cycled through my ears as I continued on my way. And then I thought back to Katsuie and her presence in the village.

Now, although it was too early to assume we had no problems, it was for certain that having only a small squad of Yari Ashigaru and Matchlock Ashigaru with a General wouldn't be enough to protect the village or the General.

And as I thought about that, I then thought about myself. I was not a fighter, or at least not yet but as I walked along, I began to wonder about how I could maybe get better. I couldn't just instantly become an amazing fighter, I knew that but I began to wonder who could maybe better me for combat.

And then I thought to the smith and I wondered if he could maybe help me when I got back and I kept up my easy pace as I looked all over and admired the scenery.

When I came out of the forest, I found myself looking at long pastures of grass and rice paddies as I approached the village of Naramaki. It was only slightly larger than Kurigawa, with walls that extend outward a little more. Since it was larger, it also had a more noticeable foot traffic going through it and as I approached it in my grey armor, I saw caravans of merchants and more walking alongside me and as I walked towards the gates, I could see the town guard seemed more sophisticated.

I walked through the gates and as I looked around the stalls were filled with all sorts of things. I saw elegant jewelry of all sorts and shapes in some stalls, I saw pots and elegant bowls with delicate art sculpted onto them, I could see finely made tools, food, all sorts of things that I haven't seen in Kurigawa and as I walk along, I see the nearby blacksmith and I saw it was quite bigger than the one I was at and as I walked towards it, I kept an eye out for trouble of any sort as this point being in my Ashigaru gear made me feel a little bit weird but since no one really paid me any look, I soon left that feeling as I walked to the forge.

It was smoking hot as I entered and as I walked to the blacksmith, he looked at me and smiled and said, "You must be Jonasan from Kurigawa."

"Yes. I have come to get some Iron ore... my smith told me tat you may have some to spare or know where I could get some..." I asked.

"I heard you were coming and I was nice enough to get you some already. However, I ask you to stay for maybe a day with us. Eat and recuperate with us before you go back on your way." said the smith.

I thought about it and then I smiled as I said, "Alright, I will stay the night. Thank you for such hospitality."

"You are welcome. Besides, I wish to look over your armor." said the smith.

"Well, if I am to stay may I ask to maybe help around here?"

"No, no! I'm done with what I had today. Come, come inside." The smith finished the tool, a shovel, he was making, he then wiped himself down and off as he then said, "Please, follow me inside."

"So... you wish to maybe learn some combat?" asked the smith.

It was nighttime now and we had moved into the home he had made inside of the forgery and we were sitting at a table on our knees as we ate a decent meal.