Chapter 10

We reached Naramaki by nightfall and as we slowly entered the outskirts, I was extremely cautious to see the Dragon clans fortifications either nearby or around the town but as we stopped just outside of the town, I saw not a single flag of the dragon head around it and I let out a sigh in relief as I thens aid to everyone else, "We set up camp here. Blue Handed, blacksmith, lets take your supplies to the blacksmith here. Lets get this done."

As everyone began to break out the camp as Bloody ones were posted as guards and as some basic barricades were erected and myself and the Blue Handed took up the reigns of the blacksmiths cart of ox as we slowly lead it into the town as quietly as we could.

Thankfully enough, it seemed like the Naramaki blacksmith was going to come to us instead of us coming to him.

"Oh, Bloody-Handed One! You have returned! Please, get some rest! You must be weary from your journey." said the blacksmith as he stopped us on the road.

"Only because those new clansman gave us a annoying stop not too far from here. Nevertheless, I am fine." I told him.

"No! No! No!!" The blacksmith waved his hands as he began to shoo us back to camp. "You must rest now!"

I stopped him as I stopped the Ox cart and I looked straight at him.

"What is going on?" I asked him.

"The Clasnmen, were they grey with the Dragon symbol on their sashimono flags?"

I nodded as my stomach became cold. This sounded like it wasn't going to go well for us.

"They... have set up a fort nearby. I do not know how many there are but they are many and they have mostly Yari's for weapons... but their leader is a savage man, a Samurai who knows no honor or bounds for his treachery and cruelty." the blacksmith told us.

I gave almost a groan before I then said, "What has he done so far? We know his forces were beaten down by the Takeda but... what has he done?"

"He has raided our supplies and we won't last long without them! I know you are a mercenary, a Ronin with no real need to be nice to anyone but you must help us!" he said as he then bowed to me in a humble pose. He was begging me to help them.

I thought about it before I said, "I must confer with my men... this is no easy task... and it will be possibly too quick for us to recover from our previous battles... But I will see what I can do."

"Bless you! Thank you!!" He bowed deeper and then ran off and as myself, the Blue Handed, and the other blacksmith went back to the camp, the Blue Handed walked over to me as he said, "Well... we're gonna take them out, aren't we? No samurai with honor should be around, especially a village!"

"We don't know their numbers... only what they have.. even then, it worries me... they could have anything in there besides the one Samurai.." I said as I thought. It was hard to say yes when the odds seemed against you but as I looked at the town, I knew to leave it to this decrepit samurai would spell doom for it and all who lived in it.

When we reached the camp, the blacksmith headed off to get some sleep while I gathered all of my men together. We still numbered only 20 in total, and even with 17 of them being at least maybe veteran Ashigaru, we couldn't hold out in a more serious fight. And if the enemy outnumbered us and had a veteran samurai, it wasn't looking good for us.

I looked at them all as they crouched before me, wearing their black Kabuto's and metal, black jingasa hats and black armor along with their Sashimono's bearing the symbol of our company, and as I looked at them, I was sitting on a hastily made seat as I held my spear next to me.