Chapter 4

As the morning rose over Kurigawa, I woke up from a restless sleep as I looked down at the mask I had made before me. It was a wooden mask, hastily made as it had only eyeholes and some smaller holes to breathe in but as I looked at it, it didn't look that bad and as I managed to slowly get up, I slowly shuffled over to where some errant paint was as I dipped a brush in the black paint and began to lather it onto the mask until it was completely covered and as I waited it to dry, I looked back at the blacksmith as he was still sleeping nearby.

Today... is that day.. that I become either a mighty warrior... a possible Ronin... I thought to myself before I took a fan and sped up the drying paint.

As soon as it had dried up, I looked around for another color and that's when I saw red and I then dipped my hand in it as I then plastered the hand against the mask as I made sure I really pressed down before I took it off. I had placed it over the left eye and cheek as I looked at it and then my right hand, I then smiled slightly as I took up the mask as I put it over my face. My vision was slightly decreased but I had made it big enough to not completely close off my natural vision. And I smiled as I took it off and as I sped the drying up, I took some lacquer and put it on to water-proof my mask before I also dried that and then put it on.

And it made me feel slightly empowered as I heard the blacksmith awake and I looked over with my spear in hand now and my katana on my side as he looked over at me with half-lidded eyes as he then was jumped awaken by the sight of me and my mask as he said, "You may need to look... a little less terrifying to make sure you have someone to fight.."

I almost gave a chuckle but I merely shrugged as he looked up at the rising sun, he sighed as he said, "Today... is the day we have to do it.."

I nodded and as we both got up very quickly, he made sure the Yumi bow was still in good shape as he checked how many arrows he had left in the quiver as he then looked to me and said, "How shall we do this?"

"I dunno... I would say blend in but... I don't think that will happen." I told him.

"Then we'll have to fight them and get her out that way." said the blacksmith.

And as I slowly crept to the doorway that lead into the shop, I listened outside for anything as I heard nothing at first and then I heard the rain as it began to pour down from the heavens and I almost gave a sigh as I said, " And now the rains come down..."

"It will mask our presence..." said the blacksmith as he came up next to me. "But we must be quick and get her now before they come back."

I nodded as I poked my head outside for the first time and I saw no one as I was quick to run over to Katsuie and as the rain drenched her and her uniform as I looked around and then as I looked at her with my mask, she looked at me with neutral eyes as I then looked back to the blacksmith as he looked around and then he ran over as he brought up the keys from Red and as he began to use them on Katsuie's, Katsuie looked at us as she managed to ask, "Who are you?"

"Allies...." I said as the rain began to wet me and my cloths and as I kept looking all around, I kept my spear up as I then heard the sound of the chains being taken off and I then grabbed Katsuie as she sagged to the ground and I dragged her with the blacksmith as I watched our backs and then we entered the blacksmith as we dropped Katsuie lightly to the floor as she said to us, "They will notice my absence..."

"Yeah, well your general is coming for you.. we hope to get rid of these bandits and the Ronin with... well, with your generals small army..." said the blacksmith.

"General Oda Nobuna is coming here?" said Katsuie as she looked at us both.

I nodded as I looked around for a weapon for her and then I saw one of the katana's I had take from the bandits hideout as I then gave it to her as I asked her, "Where is your Halberd? Your blade?"