Chapter 18

The night sky was slowly over the lands as the entire Oda army now 500 in number with my 100 men, the Lions Chosen 100 remaining men, and Yoshiharu's 300 men and as I watched the stars slowly crawl across the sky above us, I was just outside Yoshiharu's tent as Joey and Noble had already gone inside the tent with the Lions Chosen and as I looked around, I was just looking at I gazed upon the progress we had managed to make.

We had managed to set up our large camp just beyond the Buddhist temple as we had surrounded it with sharpened stake fences while my men were set up all around the perimeter as the guards as the Blue Handed and Yellow Handed were in command of them while myself, Joey, and Noble were gone to discuss strategy.

Finally, I slowly walked into the tent as I looked around at those who had been assembled.

The Lions Chosen was sitting on the left as he was still worn out form fighting for so long but he still was combat-capable enough. On the right was Joey and Noble as they sat with their blades on them but their spears were likely in their tents. Then there was Yoshiharu as he sat at the head of the table as Hanbei was next to him while Goemon was nearby.

And then I slowly sat down at the other end of the table, I was only with my blades and as I sat down at the last seat available, Yoshiharu then said, "Alright, thank you for managing to come but I have some troubling news that Goemon has given me."

"The Spear Donkey and Spear Slayer have set up camp nearby with their remaining force of 200 men but a force of 200 Tokugawa has appeared nearby and it blocking the path back to the Oda territories."

Yoshiharu set up several red, wooden blocks around the place we were camped at as I sat that we were kinda surrounded by the two armies.

"So.. we need a strategy to break through. Hanbei has suggested we focus our forces against the main Tokugawa army and spearhead out way through them to get back to Watamoto but I want to see what you all come up with." said Yoshiharu as he looked around.

Everyone began to rake their brains as I began to wonder what would be a good strategy to take out the enemy before us. We had a slim advantage in troop numbers but it was likely that the enemy had the lead in veterancy and as I looked at Yoshiharu, I asked him, " General, what is the Tokugawa force composed of?"

"Goemon?" asked Yoshiharu to his small, girl shinobi.

"Many spears and bows... nothing else." said Goemon simply.

I nodded as then I looked over the battlefield itself, with where we had come from was where Yoshiharu sat. Yakuwara was in the middle of the battlefield itself, with our camp filling up the space between it and the Buddhist temple. The camp also just so happen to be set up on a slight hill that overlooked both the temple and the ruined village. The roads went from the top of the map and curved through Yakuwara to the left of the map as it created a backwards "L" shape through the battlefield. And there was a forest that went around the top and left side of the board as they formed the other half of the box the road created.

And in those parts of the forests, the enemy army was camping out as they probably waited for us.

"Hmm.. a difficult match we have here... however... the enemy is currently split up before us... It wouldn't take much to keep it that way.." suddenly said Noble.

Everyone looked at him as then he said, "Here is the plan I have.

"Yoshiharu will position 200 of his men on the left side of the village ruins as his job is to hold that flank from the enemy Ronin breaking through. Meanwhile, the remaining 100 men of Yoshiharu and the remaining under the Lions Chosen will hold the other flank from the main Tokugawa army breaking through.