Chapter 20

The morning soon came slowly over the horizon but not before it instantly woke me up with some bright, shining sun rays and as I sat up from my cot, I knew that today I had much I needed to get done.

The list wasn't too extensive but it was likely to lengthen by the end of the day and as I got up to begin getting my stuff on, I then found a letter pinned to the stand by what looked like a kunai. I took the small weapon and then took the letter and as I read it, I was kinda worried by it.

Bloody Handed One,

I have some good news for you. Meet me in my main tent to receive it but I will say this now. Riku, or Katsuie as you know her to be, has recovered fully and is awaiting to meet you again in the Oda capital.

-Yoshiharu

I then put the letter away and as I went to my armor and began to put it on, I wondered what the good news was. News about perhaps some new equipment for my men? Some new men I can use? Retainership already?

I shrugged. I didn't really have much time in meeting him, I assumed, and as I finished putting my armor on and then putting my mask on, I quickly walked towards the end of my tent and pushed the flap aside as I looked around outside.

My men, the remaining 80 of them, were all practicing in their groups with their leaders as I watched the Yellow Handed gallop by with his men as they seem to be practicing lancing with their fukoro-yari's. I continued through the camp as I watched Joey helping the archers practice their shooting at some straw targets that had been set up while it seemed the Blue Handed and Noble were having the remaining 40 yari ashigaru spar against one another with long staves as they practiced fighting.

I nodded in approval and as the Blue Handed was quick to spot me and as he nodded to Noble for him to continue the training, he jogged over towards me as he bowed and said, "You are awake... We weren't sure when you would awake so we figured to begin practicing as soon as daylight was good enough."

"Good... Forgive me but I was up last night with the Viper... As such, I am requested by General Yoshiharu to be in his tent right now so I leave the training to you and the others to continue. I hope to maybe have some good reports from you all on progress when I get back." I said.

He bowed as he said, "Of course!" and then he quickly went back as I continued into the main Oda encampment.

As I walked past the guards, I watched as men got up to begin their day-to-day routine while a few were readying their gear and as I saw a few of them were practicing, I then focused my mind back on the task ahead as I went straight for Yoshiharu's tent.

As soon as I came to it, I slowly pushed the flaps from me as I then walked into the main tent. Inside of it, there was the command table, a spot for Yoshiharu to sleep and eat, and then there was Hanbei and Yoshiharu as I saw Goemon was nowhere to be seen but I didn't think a Shinobi would be so easily seen.

"Ah, Bloody Handed... its nice to see you." said Yoshiharu as he saw me.

" I have come as requested, sir. What is needed of me?" I asked of him as I gave a curt bow.

"You will be coming with me to the Oda capital to gather more men, supplies, and train." said Yoshiharu as he looked to me.

"Why in the capital?" I asked. We, in truth, could just train here.

"First, Oda Nobuna wishes to meet you in person and thank you for saving Riku. She also want's to see if you are as good as... some of the stories say..."

"We also wish to appoint you into a more formal position... no longer will you be a Ronin." Said Hanbei as she looked at me.

I looked at them both as I kinda understood now why we were going there. Getting an official position with the Oda could be beneficial to me and my men in many ways: more places to recruit from, supplies that we could gain from the Oda, possibly new weapons to use.