Chapter 33: Overboard.

Liam's P.O.V. (Around 6 a.m.)

I feel someone shaking my shoulder gently. I open my eyes and rub them. Danielle is looking at me with a sad expression. She's standing up and fully dressed.

"What's wrong?" I ask and make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I brush my teeth in a dash and shuffle, a bit sleepy, towards her.

"I have to go." She says not daring to meet my gaze.

"What?" I ask with my voice cracking.

"Liam, I got a call from my manager and my substitute had an accident. I have to go. I already have the ticket booked." She says and this time her gaze locks with mine.

"Let me get dressed, I'll go with you to the airport." I say putting on my pants.

"Liam, we have to talk." Danielle says and plops on the bed. I buckle up my pants with the belt and sit next to Danielle. She runs her hand through her curly hair, the way she always does it when she's nervous. "Liam... We barely see each other." She says and holds my hand.

"But last time we promised we would make it work." I say hopefully.

"Look, Liam. We're both too busy to deal with relationships. You have the band, the tours, the female attention. And I have the rehearsals, tours and endless practices." She says. I slowly nod in agreement, it hurts but I know she's right.

"But we can call each other."

"Liam, we both know that we can't keep up with all of this." Danielle says softly and with her thumb rubs my hand.

"Are you saying that we need to breakup?" I ask blankly, not very sure about how to react.

"Yes... I mean... Liam, I love you. I really do. But look, I don't want to keep leaving... Especially when we won't see each other for another four to five months."

"So... This is it?" I ask and she nods. Tears form on my eyes and Danielle gives me a tight hug. I hear her sobbing but she disguises it.

"I'm sorry." She says with a little sob but with her finger prevents her mascara from running.

"Look, like you said... It's for the best." I say with a little fake smile. She nods and grabs her luggage. I walk with her to the lobby and she wraps me in her tight, fragile yet strong embrace once again.

"Maybe some other time we'll be together." She whispers softly to my ear and she gets on a car that appears to be waiting for her. I watch the girl I love walk away from me for 'the best'. Tears for on my eyes but I I brush them away. With sadness ruling over my heart I walk slowly back to the suite. I unlock the door and see Harry sleeping peacefully on the couch. I frown and slowly make my way to Jade's room. I open the door and I see the bed neatly made and the room with no luggage. I shuffle to Harry again and shake his shoulder gently.

"Sh... I didn't bury my tooth for fun, mum." Harry says with a groan and doesnt even budge. I shake his shoulder again harder but still gentle. He turns around and his eyes open carefully. His eyes look a bit red as if he slept sobbing.

"Harry." I say softly and his gaze meets mine. He stretches and sits straight. I sit next to him and pat his shoulder.

"Where did Danielle go?" He asks sleepily.

"She had to leave." I say quietly. He hugs me as if he understood.

"Where's Jade?" I ask and he cringes his nose.

"I told her to leave." He says, his eyes not daring to meet my confused gaze.

"Why?" I ask taken aback by his statement.