eight

I hold the gun down at my side as I follow the doctor closely. I notice her hands twitching in anticipation and I make sure I'm ready for an attack. I look around noticing the walls are all made of a grey stone and every few feet there were colorful detailed paintings. 

I raise my gun immediately when Tsing stops walking, but instead of continuing she turns around and faces me. 

"What the hell do you think your'e doing?! Move!" I notice her eyes watching something behind me and I turn, keeping my aim on her. I inhale suddenly when I see Clarke standing behind me, looking at me as if I were a ghost. 

She suddenly runs towards me and her arms wrap themselves around my neck. All I feel is the shock of seeing her, but I when I look back at Doctor Tsing the anger for her returns. Clarke pulls away smiling, but instead of returning it I take the gun and push it against the Doctor's chest. 

"Elena, what are doing?!" Clarke steps forward, but I don't listen to her. It's as if the reasonable side I once relied on wasn't making itself present. 

"I'm doing what I think I need to do," I tell her, ready to pull the trigger. The fear on Tsing's face makes  me content. She should be scared of me. 

Clarke lays her hand lightly over mine bringing it down, "But you don't need to. Elena, you don't want to do this." I stare at her for a few seconds before rolling my eyes. I quickly raise the gun again and I see Clarke tense up, but instead of shooting I slam it against her head knocking her out. 

"She would blab the second we left. We need to hide her for now." I tell Clarke as I start to drag her body out of the hallway and into a small closet. I turn to Clarke quickly, ignoring the skeptical look on her face as she watches me, "We need to find everyone else and get the hell out of the mountain. What they have planned for them isn't good." 

Clarke shakes her head and I start to follow her as she walks, "No, we can't. Jasper and Monty think this place is some savior and that everyone else is dead-" I stop and grab her arm quickly. 

"Jasper and Monty? They're alive?" I question feeling shocked. I wasn't sure about Jasper, but I for sure thought Monty was a goner. 

She nods quickly and gives me a quick smile, "But I need to show you something, fast." We turn and I quickly follow Clarke down the hallway. She slows down and looks around before bending down. I notice a vent near the floor and grimace as she pulls open the small door. She gives me a look before crawling inside with me behind her. 

I replace the door and try to keep up with Clarke. I try to ignore the small twinge of pain resurfacing in my knee as I keep crawling. She stops ahead of me and looks through the small cracks in the opening that she now faces. 

"Alright, we have to hurry before someone comes in." She pushes herself out and I do the same. I fall to the floor, but I freeze as I start to stand. The dark room is full of crates and I notice a body hung upside down and tubs full of blood running from it. This is where they must take Grounder's blood. 

I watch as Clarke runs over to a crate and opens the already busted door. I step back as she pulls out a very familiar face. I quickly race my gun and point it at the Grounder leader as she leans on Clarke for support. 

"Elena, no! We need her, we need each other!" Clarke's voice hisses across the room, but this time I don't lower the gun.

"How can you even touch her. She killed them Clarke. She killed all of them!" I step closer and turn off the safety. 

"Please, Elena, stop." I shake my head and run over past them. I notice Clarke flinch back slightly, but instead of mentioning it I pull open a heavy metal door that reads, 'End Containment Area". I'm guessing this is the closest place to hide from those people. 

I give Anya a look before I let them into the room, "Try one thing and I will kill you..." She nods lightly before Clarke drags her into the room with me following. I stop quickly when I realize that the room is small and has no other doors or exits. 

"What the hell?" I mutter and I jump when the door behind us slides shut. The an alarm rings out load and a yellow light starts flashing above us. 

"I don't know what's happening!" Clarke yells before the floor opens and we all fall feet first into the darkness.