seventeen

I walk quickly, but also cautiously as we all follow Octavia. I watch as she looks around familiarly as she leads us through the woods. Bellamy looks down at a small paper in his hand before nodding slightly, "This is it,"

I look up at the old monument sitting in front of us surrounded by trees. I notice the vines growing around it and it's obvious that it's from before shit hit the fan. I stare in awe for a few seconds, but Bellamy's voice distracts me.

"Which way is the village?" We all turn to Octavia when she doesn't respond and I feel sympathy rush through me at the look on her face.

She stares ahead quietly for a few seconds before lifting her weapon and pointing forward, "The Reapers came from there," I watch silently as the tears start to fill her eyes and she turns to her brother. "I couldn't save him, Bell."

He quickly pulls her into her arms and consoles her, "It's okay."

We all wait until she is okay to walk further and soon she pulls away and wipes her face. She shakes her head slightly and soon we were moving once again. We all walk and I notice her fall back slightly and she begins to walk next to me.

I look over and immediately recognized the look of her face. The look was something I had gotten so used to seeing, the red teary eyes and the almost emotionless stare. It was so familiar to me, I had seen it every time I had to see my own reflection.

I reach over and lay my hand on her shoulder as we continue to move. I feel her tense slightly, but then she quickly walks closer to me. The blank stare is replaced by the smallest of smiles and I do my best to give her the same. Even though no words were spoken we both knew what we were saying.

I'm here if you need it.

I jump slightly at the sound of gunshots echoing through the air. I grip the gun in my hands harder and we all race forward toward the noise. I try my best to ignore the pain in my leg as we rush between trees and over the dirt until we break the tree line to witness something I never thought I would.

The screams and groans of agony were enough to stop me from moving, but looking over to see Finn being the cause of it was even worse. I keep my gaze on him in shock while he grips the deadly piece of metal in his hands as bodies lay on the ground around him.

He lowers the gun slowly as his eyes lock onto to Clarke. His expression was if he was staring at a ghost and I guess in a way that's how he really felt. I slowly start to move forward once again and I look down at the multiple bodies surrounding us. They all lay either dead or on the brink of it. Octavia drops onto the ground in front of a Grounder and starts to speak to him lowly.

I look up quickly as Clarke stands in front of Finn, "I found you." His voice is almost a whisper and there is no denying the sound of awe in it.

I watch as Clarke shakes her head with watery eyes staring at the boy we all thought we had known. 

But the Finn we all knew would never have restored to violence and cruelty.