seven

"Blood pressure is 140 over 90, watch that before it gets any higher. Noticeable changes while the drug HJ-008 is in her system, physically and mentally. Hey, tie her down. We don't need any incidents before the other guard gets here," I hear Doctor Tsing's voice travel around the room and to my now conscious mind.

I slowly move my hands and feet noticing the missing weight around them. I try to inconspicuously open my eyes and I notice a single guard in the room with the doctor. He grabs the restraint and makes his way over until he stands next to me.

As soon as I feel the fabric touch my skin I jump up and shove him back. I see the clip board drop from Tsing's hands as she stumbles back in surprise. I notice the guard reach for his gun so I look at the table next to me and grab the first thing I see. I tighten my grip around the scalpel and lodge it into his chest.

He moves back in shock and pain as I try to climb off the steal bed. He leans against the table trying to remove the blade. I look down at my right knee to see it covered in thick white bandages. Instead of trying to stand I reach over and grab the gun from the guards waistband. I raise it and turn off the safety. I aim between the doctor and the guard watching them both closely.

The guard raises his hands slowly and shakes his head, "You don't want to do that-" In response I slam the butt of the gun against his head knocking him straight to the ground. Now, I solely focus on the woman in front of me. She stares wide eyed, but doesn't say a word.

I slowly slide off the table and land on my left leg. I test my weight on my right, and hiss as pain shoots through it. This is going to be hard.

"You won't kill me.." She suddenly speaks up making me raise the gun even higher.

I laugh humorously and shake my head, "Lady, never doubt a girl with nothing to lose." I notice the fear in her eyes, but it only makes me move towards her.

"My people. How many of them are here? How long have they been here? How long have I been here?" I ask frantically, trying to keep my hands from shaking. The news of some of the 100 being here took me by surprise, but seeing Clarke..I didn't know what to do.

"There's 47 of them. You've been here for a little longer than a week, them longer than that. The others...they're dead." I watch as she seems shocked by my emotionless response, or lack there of.

"That drug...the one you've been injecting me with. What the hell is it?" I had noticed a few syringes on the table making it obvious that they were going to continue giving it to me.

"It's supposed to shut down physical and mental stimulus. You shouldn't be able to feel pain or emotion while on it. Obviously, the doses we have you on were too high, leaving you to fall unconscious, but.." I stare at her as her voice fades off, not completing her thought.

I move closer and raise the gun higher, "But what?!"

She jumps back and pushes herself closer to the wall, "If you take a smaller dosage it should have the effect it's supposed to while leaving you conscious." I slowly walk backwards toward the table I grab the four syringes. The golden liquid moves around in the clear glass.

I notice a few stacks of clothes next to the table I had once been laying on and I find a pair of running pants and a plain white shirt.

"Make a move, and I will end you." She nods her head quickly complying. I change as fast as I can into the clean clothes, that thankfully hide my bandaged leg. I take one of the needles, spill out some of the drug before pushing it into my arm.

I wait for the blackness to engulf me, but instead I feel my body start to hum. All the pain I felt suddenly washes away and nothing is left but the anger inside of me.

My eyes move back up to the doctor and I hold back the part of my brain telling me to kill her. Not yet. "Take me to my people. Now."