Chapter 17

Ricky's POV

I forced Devin to hurry up and get to the house. I really hope that it was not as bad as it sounded. I know he said a few vampires snuck in but how badly she is hurt depends on the vampire, some are more aggressive and like to play with their food while others just want the minimum to survive. I just hope it was the second one.

Once we I got through the door, all that I smelled was blood. I ran towards the smell and I saw Ana still tied up, I now understand why her mother did not want to have this life. I tried to call her name "Ana? Ana? Ilyana can you here me?"

"Yes Richard what did I tell you about calling me that!"

"Fine I'm sorry, I was just making sure that you were okay. I should have never let them bring you down here. If only I hadn't have given in. It was my idea. I just wanted to get to know you so bad. If I had said no you wouldn't be in this situation."

"Ricky don't blame yourself, if it weren't for me coming down here I would have never known who I really was."

"I know but look at you. Where's Balz? Me and him need to have a little talk."

"I think he's around here somewhere but please don't worry too much about it, I'm perfectly fine."

"No Ana, you are not fine. You could have been dead. So stop covering for him and just tell me where he is."

"I'm telling the truth Ricky. I don't remember a thing and can you get me down from here? I've been shackled and tied up all night."

"Fine whatever but I'm going to go look for Balz."

I went across the hall from where Ana's room was to see if he was in his room and I could not believe what I was seeing. He had everything related to forbidden black magic out in the open from a pentagram to spell books to ingredients for potions. I had no idea what he was planning or how he even got access to all of this stuff but I knew it would be bad news if Chris found it so I hurried up and hid everything in the nearest drawers that I could find and I also pulled the rug over the pentagram to hide it.

I had no idea why I was helping him, sure he is part of the band but I feel like he's hiding something and is partly responsible for Ana's attack.