Chapter 1: Welcome To Alexandria

Carl's POV
---------------
As the very friendly Aaron gets the gates opened for us, they demand for us to hand in our weapons to go meet with the leader of it all, Deanna. My dads hands shook slowly as I took his weapon for him because we all know he wasn't going to do it willingly.

"These will go into the armory, for safe keeping, you know? You may use them when you go outside the gates only. Deanna's rules," Aaron smiled at us all.

I began to look at around now that we were inside the gates. It was just like before. Before this huge nightmare. I enjoyed this place already. It reminds me of home. I looked at the beautiful big houses, almost like mansions! I stared at this one house in particular. I don't know why I was because all the houses looked the same. But then I noticed the beautiful girl in the window. I blinked real fast and she was gone. Was what I just saw real? An actually person my age? What a miracle.

Soon enough we were assigned two houses to be divided between our group. I held Judith tight as my dad and the others took a look inside first to make sure it was safe.

I finally got to step into my new house for a while. In the first house, it was me, my dad, Judith, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, and Daryl. Next house was Carol, Father Gabriel, Tara, Eugene, Rosita, Abraham, and Sasha. The people who owned this placed called Alexandria, let us settle in, shower, and then we were demanded to go to Deanna's house and office.

Our whole group met in my house to all walk down together. I watched my dad as he picked up and kitchen knife and tucked it into his belt carefully and unnoticeable.

"Dad. Don't start anything. I mean it. I have a good feeling about this place. It's a good one, I know it," I told my dad.

"Carl, don't worry. I know how to handle myself and this group," my dad, Rick, says to me and the group also.

Then it was finally time to meet this famous Deanna. I didn't know what to expect but I was excited to get to know my new home.

As we found the office, I was the first to walk in when I saw the same girl from the window. She was sitting on a chair with a camera pointed at her and Deanna asked her plenty of questions. When Deanna saw us walk in she shushed us to be quiet and resumed her task.

"Thank you, Enid, you will be staying with Jessie and her kids Ron and Sam," Deanna told the girl, Enid.

She must've been new just like us. (author's note: pete, jessie's husband isn't in this book). The girl picked up her book bag and rushed out of the door, bumping my shoulder. Our group continued into the room and my dad looked around suspiciously.

"Rick, why don't you take a seat and talk for your group. Your the leader, right?" Deanna asked my unsure father.

"I'm doing fine standing up," my dad states back.

"I'll sit down," I volunteered.

"No Carl," my dad said quietly.

"Yes, I am," I said while already going to sit on it.

I sat on the comfortable chair and my dad did nothing about it.

"Ask me all the questions you want," I said to Deanna.

"Carl you have no right to answer these questions," my dad answered back.

"So I assumed you all found your houses and looked around a bit?" Deanna asked, changing the subject.

"Yes," my dad and I both said at the same time.