Chapter 30: Is This The End?

last chapter! :((

After lunch time, everyone had all their stuff packed to go on our journey for food. We couldn't believe how people could've broke into our so secure place. It angered Rick inside so he was in a bad mood today.

"I want everyone on guard while we're gone! No time for laughs and giggles! Limited food so only one other meal today for each of you," Rick ordered to the people staying behind, which was Abraham, Rosita, Sasha, and Tara.

"Everyone ready?" Michonne asked calmly to the rest of us.

"Yup," everyone said in unison. We then all piled into the back of the van and I laid on my bag as a pillow. Carl packed a blanket so he draped it over the both of us. We got all snuggled together and it got me really tired but I wasn't going to sleep. I looked around at everyone else. Michonne was up front with Rick with her feet up on the dashboard and Rick holding her left hand as he drove. In the back of the van, Carl and I laid. Destiny was sitting by Daryl as they played with a package of cards. Alex was sitting in a corner by himself. He stared at a picture of his sister which he always seemed to have. I watched as tears trickled down his face. It's been a while since he last saw his sister and I don't think he is going to get over it. I'm not really sure why Maggie was here with us. She was already about 36 weeks pregnant and didn't need to be walking around. Anyway, Glenn and Maggie sat cuddled against the wall of the van in the same position as Carl and I. And Carol was sitting on the other side of Daryl that Destiny wasn't on. Everyone kept their bags close as we drove to our first destination.

"Hey, there's a Walmart," I heard Michonne point out to Rick.

"Walmart doesn't have food. Michonne, that's our main priority not having a shopping day," Rick let go of Michonne's hand now. Everyone giggled from the back.

"Hey are y'all stupid. Walmart does have food," Daryl spoke up as he cleaned his crossbow.

"Daryl's right," I said in a sing-song voice.

"Yeah dad," Carl joined, and soon Rick was defeated by everyone in the van.

"Alright, shut up," Rick chuckled as he pulled into the Walmart.

"Maggie, you should stay behind. Someone needs to stay with you," Carol said before we filed out.

"I'll stay," Glenn quickly volunteered, no hesitation.

"Glenn, baby. You can go if you want," Maggie said in her little southern accent.

"No. Mags, you know I have to stay with you and our baby," Glenn smiled pointing at the baby bump - well, it was bigger than a bump.

"C'mon," Rick gathered everyone.

"Stay safe!" Maggie called out to us.

"We will," Destiny waved.

We all went outside and the street was weirdly empty. Before the apocalypse, I remember this being a busy street. I actually remember this place. My mother would drive all the way out here. Our house was about an hour away but this was the closest Walmart. My mom loved the cheap prices so she would drive an hour anywhere if that means a Walmart. Yep, I was one of those girls in elementary school and middle school wearing Walmart clothes. Nothing bad with that, but my whole clothing collection was from there. Seeing the old Walmart again made me giggle, but seeing it full of dead walkers made me want to cry. Carl grabbed my arm and it was like I just got forced away from my thoughts.