Chapter 2: Enid's Story

a/n: so this video I added goes to its rightful owner off YouTube IT IS NOT MINE and it doesn't really go specifically with this chapter but I love this edit so much! their relationship is adorable. like this chapter if you think so too <3 and also if you noticed, yes i do make stuff up that wasn't in the series because if i did it straight out of the show that would be boring

Enid's POV
--------------
Carl walked away from me and soon enough was no where in sight. I guess I really don't understand his life, but he doesn't understand mine either. I thought to myself maybe I should start heading back too but I don't want it to seem like I'm following him. The sun was going down so I had no choice but to go back. I readjusted my book bag on my back and started to hurry down the trail in the woods.

I could see the gates from a distance but I swear I spotted Carl. There was a boy about my age sitting on a tree stump so who else could it be. It has to be Carl. I quietly and sneakily walked up behind him. As I became closer I noticed his sheriff hat so it was definitely him.

"Carl?" I whispered to him.

He turned around in shock. He stared at me for a couple seconds and then responded," Hey Enid."

I took a seat right next to him and took my book bag off my back. I opened one of the medium sized pockets and took out a bag of crackers and a water.

"Want some?" I asked handing Carl the bag and took a sip of the water.

"We have to go back soon anyway. It's your food not mine."

"I know. We're go in a few minutes. Just take a cracker or too. You look like your starving and it's technically not mine. I stole it from the pantry."

"Fine. I'll have some. Then we're going," he stated strictly.

I nodded my head at him to show him that I agreed and then stuffed my face with crackers. He laughed at me and I smiled back at him. I think we were actually getting along. And to be totally honest, he's really nice and not that bad looking. He had to live on the roads like me, he sorta understands me. This kid named Ron and I have a confusing relationship. We've been on and off dating so I don't really know what's going on. I need to talk to him before I start falling for this new boy.

Carl stood up and put out his hand for me to grab. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. I then grabbed my book bag, the water, and the crackers and we walking side by side until we reached the gates.

Michonne was the one guarding the gates now and she opened them to let us in.

"Carl where have you been? You told Carol you were meeting with people?" Michonne curiously asked me.

"Well. I met with Enid. That's a person. Does my dad know?"

"He doesn't so you better go home before he realizes you were gone this whole time."

Carl began to run back to his house and then I stopped him.

"Meet me at the dock by the pond at 7?" I asked him.

"I'll try.. I mean.. I will," he told me.

We then went our separate ways and I waited and waited until it reached 7 o'clock.

"Why do you keep checking the clock?" Ron came in my room to ask.

"Uh. No reason," I lied.

He came up next to me and began to hug me but I moved away quickly.

"I'm sorry. Ron, this isn't going to work," I told him while I stood up and left my room.

I don't know what he is going to think about what I just did. I didn't even think about what I just said. It just came to my head and I said it. I kinda regretted it but not really. I was never happy with Ron. I never will be.