Chapter 9: Home Sweet Home

an very informative authors note
please read and then i will continue with the chapter :)
so these pictures are the three that destiny (the girl glenn and enid meet) showed them and yeah. so the person who i chose as destiny, her real name is addy miller and she actually played the first walker Rick killed in the show during season one so I thought that was cool but she's a totally different person. and she's daryls daughter!! yup Daryl is a father in this story.
****************
Glenn's POV
----------------
We decided to take the young girl along. She is supposedly Daryl's daughter that no one really knew about. He's mentioned a couple times that he lost his family but we never thought a daughter. We asked Daryl's daughter, Destiny, if she knew a way of getting to the place with walls and we pointed to it through the woods. She said that she passed it but didn't think it was safe and that's how she got to us. We followed her and we got closer and closer.

"I think we're in the woods outside of Alexandria now. I remember Carl and I come out here all the time. Well, used to. This is my tree that I hang out in. We're home," Enid informed us all, in relief.

"Yeah. Yeah. I remember now. This way," Destiny said and Enid knew exactly where we were also.

"Maggie! Maggie! Let us in!" I yelled as we all ran up to the walls.

Her and Rick were on watch so Maggie smiled and ran to let us in.

"Wait! Who's this girl!" Rick yelled now.

Destiny's eyes widened as she saw her dad on the other side of the wall. I looked over to see Daryl and his face was in shock. Rick refused to let us in but Destiny ran right past him over to her dad. Destiny hugged Daryl tight and Rick had the most confused expression ever, as well as the other group members. Daryl didn't look very happy to see his daughter and it left everyone confused.

Rick closed the gates as we all came in. I kept Maggie very close to my side and I felt safe again.

"Daryl, who the hell is this?" Rick asked.

"Uh well she's my daughter I guess. The pregnancy was an accident with someone I wasn't even married to. Her name was CeCe and we started to live together after Destiny was two even though her mother and I never got along," Daryl explained.

"But dad aren't you happy I'm back?" Destiny asked.

"I don't want to be a dad," Daryl told everyone, not thinking about Destiny's feelings.

"You've been a dad for 15 years! What do you mean!? This world really changed you," Destiny said and stormed away.

"The pregnancy was an accident. I only lived with them because this poor girl needed a father figure. But now, I can't take care of a 15 year old in a zombie apocalypse. I just can't," Daryl said after her daughter stormed away.

Enid's POV
---------------
I went up to Rick and asked,"Have you seen Carl?"

"In his room I'm guessing. He's been there ever since you've left," Rick informed me.

I ran over to Carl's house and I barged in. I tiptoed through the quiet house. I went up the stairs to where his room was. I knew it was the last door on the right side of the hall.

"Carl?" I asked without opening the door.

"Whoever you are, go away," he said firmly but I swear I heard him holding back tears.

"Do you even know who this is?" I questioned.

"I don't care!" He yelled back at me.

"I actually think you do. Open the door," I said strictly now.

He must not remember my voice. He didn't answer back to me so I swung the door open to see him crying in his hands.

"Go! Go! Now!" He yelled, not looking up.

"Why are you crying?" I whispered with my eyes wide and concerned now.

He grabbed a nearby knife and swung his head up. He was staring at me deep in the eyes. I saw his hopeless, sad eyes.

"Enid?" He said dropping his knife.

"Carl."

He got up from his bed and wiped his tears. He pulled me tight in his arms and neither of us wanted to let go.

"I love you. I will always be with you. I will always come back. You know that," I assured him.

"Thank God. I love you Enid," he said before pressing his lips against mine.

This was our first kiss and it felt amazing. It felt just right to be here with him in Alexandria.

We pulled our lips away at the same time and we both smiled at each other.

"Ah, I missed you so much. I thought... I thought you were gone. Forever," Carl said to me, grabbing both my hands.

"Well I'm not. I'm okay."

"Is Glenn back too?" Carl asked.

"Yes. I found him. He survived a herd, but Nicholas didn't. We went together. And we found someone else."

"Who?"

"Well. Her names Destiny. She's Daryl's daughter. But she stormed away somewhere. I think talking to Glenn or Maggie. Daryl doesn't want to be her dad anymore," I explained.

"Really?"

"Yes."

Daryl's POV
---------------
I found my daughter today. And I don't think I really wanted to. Sure, being a father like 5 years ago was nice. I had an innocent little girl. Now she's a teenager. I chose to live with her and her mom because I couldn't pay child support and if I moved away, I would have to. I never wanted to have a child but I was foolish and got a girl pregnant.

*flashback*

I was at the motorcycle shop with my crossbow because I was getting ready to go hunting when my motorcycle needed a new wheel. My daughter, Destiny, begged to come with but I told her no. She is a good shot while hunting but she needed to stay home with her mother. I needed alone time anyway.

I pulled up to the shop when I heard screaming. Lots of it, coming from the shop. I hoped off my bike and threw my crossbow over my shoulder. There were about 5 zombies wondering the place and attacking the workers there. I got my crossbow and kept shooting the zombies everywhere but they wouldn't die. I got one in the head and it died. I was confused on what was happening in this world. I slowly watched the town turn into a nightmare.

"You have to get the damn walkers in the head," I whispered to the people dying with the bites.

"Walkers?" Someone asked.

"Zombies. Walkers sound cooler," I explained and I left the building.

There was a few dozen walkers coming from the way of my house. I didn't want to risk my life trying to go back and save Destiny and CeCe. Maybe it was for best. I was never a good father anyway. I left on my motorcycle and didn't think about looking back.