Chapter 25: Over It

Carl's POV

one month later..

It has been one month and one week since we've found this van. And happily to say, we've found a new camp. We're thinking about making our own community here but that's too big of a risk. Only people that we trust will be welcome here. Our camp is a small, clean neighborhood kinda in the middle of no where. But only a couple miles away is a bunch of shops for when we go on runs. The neighborhood only has about ten houses so we spread out a little bit. There is a gate around the whole neighborhood. It was like that when we discovered this place. We just made it a bit more safe. One house has my dad, Daryl, Destiny, Michonne, and I. Another one has Abraham, Tara, Sasha, and Rosita. And then lastly, one of them has Glenn, Maggie, Enid, Alex, and Carol. You might be wondering why Enid isn't living with me. Well, sadly, Enid and I are taking a break. We don't really know what is to become from us. I loved her and I still do. The idea of a break was pretty much mutual. It was the best thing for us. We got in a huge fight a couple weeks ago. It was something stupid. I don't even remember. I've been pretty sad ever since. She said that she regretted falling in love with me and she's never going to love anyone again. She has been avoiding talking to me and everything. I miss her but I'm slowly getting over it.

On a happier note, Destiny and I are getting closer. Enid also got mad at me and started to yell at me that I'm stealing Destiny from her. Destiny and Enid are best friends. As far as I know, Destiny likes hanging out with me.

"Hey," Destiny tapped my shoulder and I flinched a little. I was on watch but I could talk for a bit.

"Hey Des," I said with a huge grin.

"I don't really want to bother you but later tonight. Maybe around eight o'clock. Before everyone goes to sleep, meet me in the treehouse behind Abraham's house. I have a plan, it'll be fun," she giggled in excitement. The way she always smiled and her cute laugh brought happiness to me again.

I stared at her for a second before smiling and saying,"alright."

Her eyes widened in excitement before she ran up to me and wrapped her skinny arms around my neck. I slowly moved my arms to her waist and gripped tightly. When we released, she pecked me on the cheeks and I became extremely red colored in my face. She walked away before she could notice. I looked around quickly to see Enid staying at me from a distance. She noticed I spotted her so she ran back to her house. She saw everything that happened. Fuck, I'm screwed.

Enid's POV

My eyes narrowed as I glared madly at Carl. Destiny had just kissed him. I know that we ended it together, but he said he still loves me. Destiny kissed his cheek first but I could tell he enjoyed it. I am so pissed. Carl is just another one of those guys. You know, those high school players that I always heard about in the movies when I was younger. I wish I had Ron right now to make him jealous. Oh god Enid, what am I saying!? Carl and I are OVER! I don't need to make him jealous. I don't even like him. Yes I do. No I don't. Ughh!

I think I like him.

I stormed out of my house and I looked around for a second. I spotted Destiny prancing around all happily. Watering flowers and shit.

"Hey! You!" I called at her.

"Me?" She spun around all smiley