11

amber p.o.v

i opened my eyes to my door closing, my mother stood by the door, tears streaming down her cheeks, my voice was groggy and my brain pounded inside my head, i groaned sitting up slightly "mom is everything okay?"

"honey, im so sorry" she bursted out crying, I reached for her and hugged her, my eyes widened, something horrible was happening, panic settled into my body once more, it was familiar, i had lived this way for weeks "what is happening?" i exclaimed. 

"I-isaac" she began to say "isaac what! mom!" she looked up at me with her grey eyes and put her hand on my face soothing it "he didnt make it" my heart stopped, the time stopped everything around me did, I swear I felt my heart explode like a time bomb and I screamed, there was nothing else i could do to let out the relentless pain in my chest. i wiped my eyes quickly trying to get the tears, i looked down at my hands but they were filled with black liquid, i screamed once again, soon i was alone in my room, my mother vanishing from my arms.

"isaac!" i yelped "mom!" i looked around frantically but the room was dark, just like in the cabin, i began running around the room trying to find a door, i bumped into somebodys chest, i looked up to there face, i sighed in relief "derek, please help me" he wore all black, his eyes angry "it was you, you killed him" his eyes turned bright red as he pushed me into another room.

there was a casket, people crying all around, i held onto my chest, i couldn't hold in my pain, before i could reach the casket, scott stepped in my way "scott, please" he grabbed onto my arms, his hands tightening around them "you ruined it, you ruined it for him, he was only seventeen". i shoved past scott and ran to the casket, there he laid, cold and lifeless, i reached to touch him but before i could, he catched my hand, his eyes opening to white irises, he gripped my hand tightly making me yelp in pain.

"you couldn't save me this is all your fault"

i sat up frantically, cold sweat forming on my skin, i tried catching my breath, pants falling out of my lips, i felt arms holding me, i look back and there he is, is this a dream? is he really here? i collapse into his arms and take in his scent, tears spilled from my eyes onto his shirt, he ran his hands through my hair, bringing some sort of comfort to this nightmare "i thought you had died" i sobbed. 

i quickly pressed my lips against his, passionately as though if i pulled away he would disappear and i would have to come back to reality. "im here okay?" he pulled away, his eyes scanning my features, fear written all over my eyes "im not going anywhere". 

Isaac p.o.v

she had finally fallen back to sleep once she had assured that i was safe and that my scrapes and bruises were just that, scrapes and bruises, small snores escaped her lips signaling a peaceful slumber, i kissed her forehead. i needed to protect her, never again would i allow for her be hurt or to be in harm's way ever again, i couldn't afford to loose her, she was my entire life. i had grown sloppy, i had allowed for these events to happen and that could never happen again. 

i wanted to know what happened in the cabin but i know she wasn't prepared for that, it was too soon, she needed time to heal and when she was ready i know she would come to me. i know there was going to be a side of her that would never be the same and the thought killed me, she never deserved this, amber didn't deserve this. i felt my eyes becoming heavy, i hadn't slept much since amber had gone missing and now that she was here safe in my arms, i could reconcile some of the lost sleep. 

the sun woke me from my slumber, i found myself with my arms wrapped around amber, tightly, i loosened my grip slightly, she groaned slightly, i smiled and kissed her forehead once more, this new found relief in my chest bought me peace but i knew there was a long road to recovery for amber and i was going to be here for every step of the way. 

she squirmed slightly, her light eyes looking up to the ceiling as if searching for something, she looked around once more and then her sight fell on me, she smiled slightly, her hand reaching out to my face "you're here" she muttered, i nodded, my lips pecking her "im not going anywhere" i assured, her smile grew bigger and seeing her this happy caused my smile to appear, she stretched and yawned sitting up and looking over at her clock. i wish we could stay here forever, safe. 

"shower?" she offered, i nodded as we both stepped out of the bed and into the shower, both our clothes left behind on the bathroom floor, the warm water soothed my skin as i ran the sponge down her back, i could see the bruises and cuts, anger seeping through my gut, i couldnt protect her, i couldnt be there for her "you tried to warn me" she spoke as if reading my mind "and i didnt listen" she turned around and looked into my eyes "shhhh it wasnt your fault" i pushed her wet hair behind her ears, my hands slipping onto her cheeks "what matters now is that you are here with me and i will always protect you" i pressed my lips against hers, her tongue slipping between my lips, i pressed her against the shower, my hands moving to her body, after searching for so long, she was finally here with me.