22

No P.O.V

Amber looked out into the skyline of the town, she took a gulp of the champagne in her glass, the chatter of Lydia's company drowning out the noise in her head. Conflicted was nothing compared to how she felt, she returned here thinking she was going to belong and indeed her friends had greeted her with open arms but somehow she still felt empty, as empty as she felt when she left beacon hills.

The room went somewhat silent, amber leaned over the balcony and sighed, lydia's pool lights lighting up her features. "Hey isaac" scott cheered, she froze, she couldn't move from her place where she stood, her heart dropped like if it was an instinct, she knew he hadn't come alone. She furrowed her eyebrows and the urge to look back overcame her but she couldn't move. She stayed there, in silence, hoping he wouldn't see her, hoping he wouldn't know she was there.

Stiles emerged into the balcony, she turned swiftly to look at him, her eyes wide "okay, lets keep calm" he spoke, he brought his hands to her arms, his warm touch soothing some of her nerves "i need to go stiles...i need to go" she spoke frantically. He held her "hey, its okay amber" a few tears slipped from her eyes "the amber i know would never coward" he looked down at her "i know how it feels" he paused "but why are you here if not to confront the demons that torment you everyday" she wiped her tears away "if you are here for isaac then fight for him, do not become a child, be the woman that you are" he took out his handkerchief from his suit and handed it over to her "you have faced too many barriers to be scared of mere inconvenience".

Amber nodded and stood straight, her chin in the air as she looked at stiles with a smile "thank you" she shivered, he smiled the warm smile amber had missed so much "anytime". They both strutted into the busy room, amber looking for the familiar face in the crowded room, prepared for anything or so she thought. The sight left her bottom lip trembling, her posture once again hovered. He stood there, his hand around his girl's waist, the sight left amber sick to her stomach.

"Uh" she muttered, she looked over at stiles whose eyes glistened with sadness "uh i have a early morning tomorrow, i have to go but we should catch up" she rambled on, she took her eyes off from stiles and landed them back on isaac and there was her boy, her love staring back at her, his skin pale as if he had just seen a ghost and before he could slide his hand away from lisa's hips, amber was jogging towards the door, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

If amber could rate all the painful thing she had been through, she had to say this one was the most painful, she reached over for her purse, the adrenaline running through her body causing her to forget she had left it inside. "Fuck" she yelped, throwing her fists into the air "fuck" she repeated, her voice cracking. "Amber" she turned around quickly, sniffling, she wiped her tears quickly "isaac, hey" she gulped, he looked so handsome, so perfect and all it did was break her heart even more. "Hey, i was going to come over to talk but you left" he smiled, she took a deep breath in, holding her composure, holding her frustration back "yeah! I have to go but it was nice seeing you and-" a tear threatened to spill but she turned around before it could. "I have to go, good night" she almost ran from the grand home, she unlocked her phone as she walked, ordering an uber to her hotel room.

She felt so dumb and lonely and so broken, a part of her mind had created this fairy tale in which she arrived to beacon hills and everything would be perfectly fine again but she was so mistaken and so many things had changed, she had changed, and isaac had to. How foolish she thought how foolish of her to think that he still loved her the same, that there was something there. Just because she was not happy in her marriage did not mean that he wasn't happy with his.

The drive back to her hotel was silent, the rain falling as the car took her back to her empty lonely room.

Above anything Amber wanted isaac to be happy, even if it meant she was no longer a primary role in it, even if it shattered her heart into millions of pieces. She would pick his happiness over hers her entire life. If this new woman meant happiness and a new beginning for him she could do nothing but wish him the best, even if it left a bitter taste on her tongue when she said it.

She watched out the car window, remorse of the way she had left, building inside her gut. She dialed lydia's phone and pressed the screen onto her ear. Before it rang twice, the other line was picked up "amber are you okay? You stormed out" lydia spoke frantically in the phone. "I-im fine, lydia, sorry i was not feeling so well" amber reassured. "Is it because of isaac?" she asked, causing amber to cry more, she sniffed before speaking her next words "no uhm just have a long day ahead of me y'know" amber looked over at the uber driver who snapped his eyes back to the road.

"Thank you for inviting me lydia" she mumbled "i left in such a rush i left my jacket and purse behind so if its not a problem, i would like to pass by and get them tomorrow" lydia sighed "you know my doors are always open for you, amber" amber wiped some of the tears on her cheek "come by whenever you want" amber smiled "thank you lydia, wish everyone a goodnight" they both said their goodbyes before amber hung up and as soon as she did, the driver had pulled into the hotel.