18

He reached for her throat as she whimpered against the wall, rum lingering in the air as he opened his mouth to speak. The first two years were heavenly, joe was everything amber needed to start a new life, they bought a home and both had successful careers that is until joe lost his job, amber tried to handle all the burden, try to make him feel better about the great loss but he began drowning himself in liquor at the local pub, one too many times amber had to leave work to pick him up. As if that was not enough his habits developed to wall punching, door slamming and arguments until finally, he left amber a bloody mess on the kitchen floor most nights.

"You mean nothing to me" he slammed her head against the wall as tears streamed down her cheeks "you worthless piece of shit" he continued, his hands and his words leaving her a broken mess. "You think i don't hear you whispering his name at night?" he slammed his hand against the wall besides the wall, leaving her breathless "well guess he ain't here to save you is he!" he let her limp body fall as she gathered oxygen into her lungs again, the relief coming short as he kicked her stomach, causing her body to completely collapse on the wooden floor, whimpers falling out her lips in pain.

"Joe" she cried in pain, spitting blood out of her busted lips "shut the fuck up!" he yelled as he grabbed the bottle of rum from the kitchen table and walked towards the living room, falling asleep on the love couch.

-
Amber p.o.v

I winced as i pressed the alcohol wipe on the cuts on my face, i tried to help him and of course i cared for him so i couldn't leave when things got hard, he was my husband but the beatings became constant and they were no longer a form of relief but rather a habit. Make up had become my best friend and vodka had become his. We were admired in the town, everyone thought we were this picture perfect couple but if only they knew, i was falling apart and i couldn't stay here anymore. I was now an actress in my own home, thinking we could overcome this was my mistake, I guess he was an actor himself when we first met.

The first years were perfect, we had everything at our reach, anything that we wanted was attainable there was a part of me that had completely forgotten about isaac, i was building a life that was completely free of tragedy and at the same time i was saving isaac's life, it was too perfect and indeed it was, one small..well...big inconvenience sent my life down a rabbit hole i had no idea how to get out of and here i was now, bruised & bloody. The scars he had created within me where worse than the ones on my face.

-
Isaac p.o.v
We both sat in silence, if i kept my eyes peeled on the wall maybe it would make the quiet more tolerable but lately i couldnt breath here, i glanced over at her sitting position where she gave me those looks that made me feel guilty, guilty for who i was, for who i loved. She looked away quickly and stared out the window from our shared apartment.

"Im going out"
She announced grabbing her purse and jacket and storming out of the apartment and it was only when she reached the lobby and out of the building that i was able to breath once again. I married her..she was my wife...but only because in my mind 2 years ago, she was the only person on this earth that could make me forget about amber but i was foolish, i could get married a thousand times, i could try to move on as many times as i wanted, i couldn't forget her. Most of our issues were for that same reason. I would wake up nights shouting ambers name, reaching for her when she was no longer there and at first she understood, we had gone through something traumatic but at the end she just got tired and i don't blame her.

My eyes stayed on the white wall, the whiskey in my glass leaving the palms of my hand cold. If what amber's uncle had said was true, she would be coming back and i would be lying to myself if i said i wasn't waiting for her, even after all this time, i was waiting for her to come back.

|2 months later|

Amber P.O.V

I took a deep breath, my hands shaking against the steering wheel, i had finally done it, i had finally left. I had waited for him to go to work, i grabbed as much as i could and i left. I had a life, a life i had now left behind. Tears spilled down my cheeks as i sat here, not being able to move, the adrenaline in my body slowly disappearing.

I had came to the only place i knew i could be safe, in beacon hills.

I got out the black SUV and walked up the steps to my parents home, i pressed my hand against the door and sighed before giving it a soft knock. I felt my legs tremble from beneath me as i waited for them to open, it had been such a long time since i seen them. Such a long time since i hugged my mother and spoke to her.

The door opened softly as a shocked woman stood there, her features causing me to smile "amber" she embraced me into her arms causing my eyes to water, the threat of tears causing my nose to burn. I was home.