09

amber p.o.v

i looked around the park, coming here with Jason had became a habit, a peaceful habit, my mind had shifted from overthinking to a calm one. "i feel like maybe i should take my moms offer" Jason spoke, bringing me back to reality. "huh?" i asked, Jason smirked and sighed "where did your mind wander to now pretty lady?" my cheeks grew red and i looked down at the pond from the bench where we sat "good things" i muttered.

"thank you" my eyes fell on his hands placed on his lap, he looked up at me with a concerned look "for what?" he chuckled "for helping me forget about all the bad things in my life" i confessed. he shook his head and slipped his hands into mine "hey, listen i have already told you, i'm here to help you" he explained "i'm here to protect you" my eyes looked into his beautiful brown one's and my heart skipped a beat. a part of me felt like this was wrong, i couldn't do this to Isaac but being with Jason was so easy, so comforting, so safe.

he leaned in closer, his breath fanning over my cheeks, i looked into his eyes for reassurance, i looked down onto his lips, they were full and red, i subconsciously licked my lips as i leaned in closer as well, his lips met mine, our lips moved slowly against each other, my whole body didn't spark like it did when i kissed Isaac but this felt good, it felt right or at least i wanted to, so badly. 

i felt a quick breeze and as i opened my eyes once more, Jason was being slammed on the floor, my eyes quickly looking for the perpetrator, Isaac pounced on him and began punching him over and over again, i was left breathless, i quickly stood up and reached to grab Isaac "Isaac stop! please!" Jason tried fighting back but Isaac was much stronger then him. i jumped on his back trying to get him off Jason "please!" some of the joggers and park visitors began staring and whispering.

Isaac stopped, breathless, his knuckles bleeding and his face flushed. he panted as he looked down at Jason and then looked at me, his eyes bewildered. Jason spat out blood, groaning while grasping his stomach on the floor "i hate you!" i shoved him away and kneeled besides Jason "what is wrong with you!" i yelped. Isaac ran his hands through his hair and took a few steps back 

"come amber" he called after me "lets go" he demanded, i tried helping Jason off the ground "no! what is wrong with you! i'm not going anywhere with you!  

-

i padded away the blood from jason's face, the rubbing alcohol on the cotton causing him to wince "sorry" i muttered, guilt traveling through my body, feeling responsible for isaac's actions. jason grabbed my hand and held it "ill be okay" he whispered back "its not your fault". he stood up and reached over for his jacket and gave me a small smile "see you tomorrow" he pressed his lips against my forehead causing me to relax into his touch. 

"im surprised you want to even see me after this" i confessed looking up to his tall frame, he chuckled slightly "not your fault amber, don't blame yourself" he reached for his car keys and walked out my bedroom, im thankful my parents weren't home or they would have many many questions, none which i wanted to answer and i felt fucked up that even after what isaac did i was quick to protect him, he didn't deserve it, at least not right now. 

Isaac p.o.v

i could feel my veins burn beneath my veins, anger rushing through every cell of my body, i wanted to protect her, she couldn't see how dangerous he was, how much he could hurt her, he was lucky she was there, if not that would be the end of him. my eyes flashed bright yellow as i looked into the mirror, the cuts on my fists from the blows to Jason beginning to heal.

i stepped into the hallway, making my way to my room, Allison walked out of Scott's room, her eyes scanning my posture "everything okay?" Allison was always so observant, i sighed "yeah, ill be okay" i stepped inside my room and closed the door, it was wrong to dismiss her, but i wasn't up for a conversation right now.

i heard a soft knock on the door, i groaned slightly and slumped onto the bed, the door creaked open and scott came into view. "hey" he stepped inside closing the door behind him "you okay" i looked out my window and then back at my best friend "yeah, everything is okay" his eyes scanned over me and sat onto the bed "you sure? cause the blood on your shirt says otherwise" my eyes fell onto my flannel shirt, spots of blood splattered all over. 

i sighed and sat up, i began telling him everything, every small detail, the beat down and how amber defended jason, how i felt, i left no detail unsaid, if scott wanted to know what was going on i trusted him enough to be able to give me some advice because of lately i felt like i was going crazy. he patted my back and stood up "ill help you" he said "ill help you keep her safe".

scott p.o.v

i rushed into class before the bell could ring, my eyes scanned over the classroom, finding amber sitting by herself, her eyes reading across her biology notes, i smirked and slipped into the seat besides her, she looked up and her eyes furrowed. "heyyy scott" she dragged, suspision spilling from her words, i smiled cheerfully "wanted to share some notes with you!" i explained, she smiled and nodded "sure thing", the class began getting crowded by the students, jason soon approaching us "hey dude, thats my seat" he spoke, amber smiled "hey jason, scott just wants to share some notes, ill meet you after class"

he gave amber a soft smile, he stared me down until he reached the seat in the back, i could feel him burning holes into the back of my head, two could play this game and if isaac was right, i wouldnt let him near her. 

-

as soon as the bell rang signaling the end of the class, i quickly gathered my belongings and rushed to ambers side, grabbing her hand into mine, she looked down at our intertwined hands and raised her eyebrows, her brown eyes big in confusion. "we need to talk" i whispered, leading her into the janitors closet. she sighed "what trouble did you get yourself into now scott" she remarked, i dropped my book bag on the floor and grabbed her shoulders "i need you to listen to me very closely" her eyes went from confusion to fear. "jason is not who you think he is" i began "he did the same thing he's doing to you to derek's sister" i explained, her eyes looking deep into mine "he almost killed her amber, he is dangerous, dont go anywhere near him, please" she shook herself out of my grip, her hands falling to her sides, her eyes shocked at the information. "isaac put you up to this didn't he?" she scoffed "i would expect this from anyone but you scott" she started getting her things, i placed my hand on her shoulders trying to get her attention once more.

"no, i mean he told me but i want to protect you" i said anxiously, she shook her head and opened the janitors closet door giving me one last glance "i thought you would know better about isaac being relentless, im trying to save his life" she spoke before walking away, i sighed, grabbing my bag and going to chase after her. the janitor stood in the hallway, his hands rising to the air "its the 7th time this week!" he groaned, i scurried away quickly.