Chapter 8

Niall took slow steps down the large set of stairs, running a hand through his blond hair as he reached the bottom. He made his way back to the living room to see a man and two other boys.

One he recognized. Louis. He couldn't help but smile "hi Louis"

"hiya Niall," Louis smiled

The man was staring at Niall who had begun to feel uncomfortable. "What's your full name?"

"N-Niall James Horan" Niall managed to choke, suddenly feeling nervous around the man who he knew had to be Harry's father.

"well Horan, I don't expect to hear about any other humans knowing about us." The man spoke in a low, British accent. "or things may get... bloody"

Harry suddenly walked across from where he had been standing, grabbing Niall's arm as he pulled him along upstairs "I'm so sorry about him. Actually, about all of them. You shouldn't have had to come here." Harry said as he shut the door to his room that him and Niall were now standing in.

"It's okay, Harry. I just wish I could've met your other brother." Niall said

"oh. Sorry, uh his name is Alfie. He's a bit of a music freak"

All Niall did was nod as he spun in a small yet slow circle, admiring Harry's room.

The walls were dark wood and the floor was carpet. A bed sat in a corner near the only window, which was rather large, in the room. A few paintings of flowers and people were scattered about on the walls.

Niall smiled in delight. "I love your room"

Harry responded with a grunt as he walked across the room to what looked like a book shelf.

"you like to read?" Niall asked.

The curly haired boy nodded "like is an understatement. I love reading." he said, tracing the words on a page of a book he had picked up. "the whole 'living for eternity' thing gets boring. You've got to have a hobby"

Niall nodded as he took steps towards Harry and stopped once he was by his side. "I couldn't imagine living forever"

"you don't want to. You never age. Have to repeat years in high school. Your complexion never changes. Everything just stays the same" 

"that actually sounds terrible... I'm sorry, I've always thought living for eternity would be cool."

"you get used to it, I used to think it was cool too. Then about one hundred years passed and I was sick of it. Let's just... change the subject, didn't you say you were... gay?" Harry asked, now looking at Niall as he hugged the book to his chest

"um, yeah." Niall chuckled awkwardly. "I'm not ashamed of it or anything, I just... got bullied for it when I lived in Ireland, it just kinda slipped out when I told you." 

"who would bully you? you're perfect."  Harry looked puzzled

The blond chuckled again, this time without the awkwardness "I wouldn't say perfect. I'm nice."

"nice?  Niall, you're amazing." Harry defended

Niall blushed slightly "whatever, can you take me to Liam's house now? it's getting late" he said as he checked the time on his phone. 6:47

Harry's happy expression fell. "uh, yeah, I said I would. Come on." he murmured and walked out of his room after setting the book down.

~

The drive was, yet again, pretty lengthy. Especially since Harry kept getting lost. But they eventually had made it and Niall stepped out of Harry's car, grabbing the door so he could shut it before Harry said something

"Text me tonight" The curly haired boy said

Niall smiled with a nod "sure thing." he shut the door and walked up to Liam's house, preparing to knock on the door before Liam himself opened it from the inside.

"Hi Nialler" Liam smiled at his best friend and glanced at Harry's car that was now speeding out of the drive way

Niall smiled as well "hey, sorry that I'm late, you know Harry." he walked in

Liam shut the door behind the blond "no, I don't know Harry. But it's fine. I was thinking we play, Minecraft or Fifa."

"actually Liam, could we talk?" Niall asked

Liam seemed taken back at Niall's question at first but responded with a slow nod and a shaky "sure." after a few seconds

The blond made his way to the living room, looking around since it was his first time in Liam's house. He found the couch and took a seat

Liam uneasily sat beside his best friend and forced a smile, fear lacing his voice "w-what do you want to talk about?"

"Liam, it's okay... I just want to know why you and Harry seem like, I dunno, enemies"

Liam sighed "you really want to know?"

Niall eagerly nodded.

His best friend let yet another sigh escape his lips. "well I guess you would've figured out sooner or later..."

The blond was practically sitting on the edge of his seat, well couch, forcing himself to not yell at Liam to spit it out already.

"Niall, I'm a werewolf."