Chapter 16

Twelve o'clock came quickly. Niall sat in the back seat of a rather large car. It had two rows of back seats and a huge trunk that was now crammed with carry ons. He was sitting beside Liam since Harry had to drive.

From Niall's knowledge the people that were going were: Liam, Marleigh, Louis, Eleanor, Zayn, Harry, and himself. David decided on staying home since there was a limited amount of seats.

Zayn sat on the other side of Niall, Louis was in the front with Harry, and Marleigh and Eleanor were together in the very back.

Niall was searching for some way to look out of a window when it occurred to him that he still didn't know where he was going. He turned his attention to Harry. "Haz? Um, where are we going anyways?"

The car got quiet, it seemed as if no one knew where they'd be in the next few hours or days even.

"Wolverhampton." Harry answered, keeping his eyes locked on the road in front of him.

"w-wait." Liam murmured in a panicky voice.

"Hm?" Harry glanced at the mirror to see Liam.

Liam looked at the mirror in order to make eye contact with Harry. "You said W-Wolverhampton?"

Harry nodded.

Eleanor was sitting up on her knees now, leaning against the seat in front of her as she ran her fingers through her brother's hair for comfort. "It's okay Liam,"

"no, it's not okay Eleanor. Everything is going to start again." Liam's voice rose as he spoke.

Niall slowly wrapped his arms securely around Liam's chest. "Sshh..." He whispered and pulled him close.

Harry glanced at them through the mirror but didn't seem to mind.

"listen to me, I'm not going to let anyone bully you again." The blond whispered which seemed to soothe Liam's nerves allowing himself to lean into Niall's arms.

He didn't know how but Niall wasn't going to let anyone hurt his best friend again. He knew how being bullied felt and to have Liam feel it all over again was not an exception.

He rested his chin on top of Liam's shoulder, looking out of the window across from him. Trees, buildings, and cars passed in a flash.

Niall listened to the sound of rain against the car roof, it was soothing. He blocked out the talking around him and fell into slumber.

He dreamed of a better life. One with Harry, his mother, Liam, Marleigh, his father. His real father. His feelings for the man was a mixture of hatred and sadness.

He hated him for leaving. For abandoning his mother who was unemployed and pregnant at the time. But after the anger passed, sadness came. It always came.

Niall did miss his dad. Even though they never met he still felt this fuzzy, warm feeling when he thought of him. Same feeling as the one he held for his mother, just not as strong.

When he woke he was in a room. He pushed himself up and looked around. The room was big, it contained a dresser, the bed Niall was sitting on, and old pictures scattered about on the walls.

He got up off the bed and made his way to a huge window. The view was incredible.

The house was obviously in the woods due to the fact that there were trees, huge tall trees. A river flowed effortlessly in the distance and Niall even caught sight of a deer. He loved it.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, turning to see Harry. He grinned and pecked him lightly on the lips.

Harry smiled. "glad to see you're awake. I unpacked your bag for you and everyone else are sleeping, except for Zayn. He went out there right when we got here." He nodded his head towards the window.

"I can see why. It's beautiful out there." The blond responded

Harry shrugged. "I'd like to see a bit of city for once."

Niall nodded. He understood why, Harry probably never got to stay in a city due to all the humans. He couldn't imagine how overwhelming it must've been.

"Come on Niall, I wanna cuddle." Harry grinned, walking over to the bed and crawling up underneath the covers.

Niall smiled and followed his boyfriend into bed, turning towards him as soon as they were both laying down.

Harry slid his hands up the back up Niall's shirt, pulling him close as he began to rub light circles into his back.

The blond buried his nose in his boyfriend's broad chest, closing his eyes in pleasure.

Harry nudged his face into Niall's neck and kissed lightly at a soft spot. He breathed in the cinnamon scent of his Niall.

Niall was on the verge of falling asleep at how good everything felt. He couldn't stop smiling.

"I love you so very much, Niall."

"I love you more, Harry."