Chapter 23

The man who Niall learned was the principal excused Marleigh, Eleanor, and Zayn to go to class since they were practically innocent. No, not practically. They were innocent.  

The office was large, certificates scattered themselves proudly along the walls. They were accompanied by many plaques and awards. But the thing that really stood out to the blond was the smell.

An overwhelming scent of daisies flooded his nostrils, as if it were an undying wave of water. He sniffed, drawing in the comforting fragrance.

It reminded him very much of his mother, she simply adored daisies. So Niall would always buy a bouquet of them for her on special occasions. 

The all too American voice of his new principal dragged him away from his thoughts. "This school focuses primarily on nonviolent actions and the success of our students."

Harry was the first to let an exaggerated yawn escape his throat. "You know it's our first day, right? We have class."

"Yeah, listen to the lad." Louis chimed in, taking his spot where he stood beside Harry, who had his very tattooed arms folded over his chest.

Sean seemed somewhat amused by their witty commentary. Meanwhile, Liam stood quietly beside Niall who continued to rub at where Sean had grabbed him not even ten minutes before.

The principal studied the new lads carefully, taking in every little aspect about what he could see. "I know, I just needed to inform you about how much trouble you can get into for bullying." He halted to glare at Sean. "Now get out of my office."

-

By lunch, Niall had already learned so much about Wolverhampton high and the place itself. It was a very well respected school, known generally for its football program.

People-wise, he noticed the different groups that hung around the halls. There were the Jocks, most of them were down right stupid from Niall's point of view. But most of the attractive guys were in fact jocks.

I guess you don't have to be smart to look good. Niall couldn't help but think whenever he laid eyes on the football team.

Another group were the Goths, who you absolutely could not get mixed up with the Emo clique. They would make your death look like a bloody suicide.

Not to mention the band nerds, who spent most of their free time chatting about math equations and sheet music. Niall figured that they talked about equations and sheet music, because they knew how to talk about equations and sheet music.

Last, but certainly not least were the theatre kids. The blond had already been asked to try out for three different plays, which no way in hell was going to happen.

Niall never thought he could discover so much in one day. Well, half a day.

The only person out of his group of friends that he had lunch with, was Liam. And to be honest, Niall wouldn't have had it any other way.

He set a goal for himself to watch after Liam for however long they'd be in Wolverhampton, without him getting hurt. Emotionally nor physically. But Niall thought Liam could handle himself, being a fucking werewolf and all.

The amber haired boy took his seat beside Niall who'd been saving it for the past five minutes. The best part about the school was more than likely, the food.

They had all sorts of varieties of meats, fruits, vegetables, and even desserts. Anything of everything was mostly piled onto Niall's nearly overflowing lunch tray.

Liam found Niall's undying appetite amusing. "Think you got enough, Ni?" He grinned for what seemed like the first time in his life.

"Nope, I'll probably go back for seconds." Niall responded.

His best friend broke out into a fit of laughter, which tugged the blond's lips into a genuine smile.

Niall was glad that his best friend, and practically brother, was happy. Even if it was for just a second, he felt proud that he was the one to cause joy to Liam.

"Is this seat taken?" An unfamiliar voice asked, Niall's eyes wandered up to the guy's face.

He had slick black hair that curled almost majestically down over his forehead. It was obvious that he hadn't shaved, prickly little hairs stuck out in all different directions on the bottom and sides of his face.

Liam's happy expression fell, his nose scrunched up in pure disgust. But he hadn't uttered a word, leaving the job open for Niall.

The blond met with the guy's eyes, suddenly fear began climbing its way up his throat. Almost to the point that he felt as if he would vomit.

His eyes were as red as the devil's.

------------------------------
Author's Note:
Sorry that I didn't update this story or any of my other stories last week. It's the end of the school year so I have finals, my last week or two have been jammed with review and such. But I am back on my normal schedule :3