Homecoming Part 2

Joanie's PoV 

Sam looked at me, disbelief evident in his eyes. He walked closer to me, so close that his breath mingled with mine. "J-Joanie? Is that really you?" He put a piece of hair behind my ear. "I - I am s-sorry Sam, I'm sorry I stayed away, I swear to you I-" he cut me off with a hug. I hugged back, taking him all in. I hadn't seen him for 3 years, Running from Wolf and Agent 45, too scared to come back. He still smelled of cedar chips and rain. He buried his head into the crook of my neck, sighing. 

"I thought I never see you again. I thought that I would never find you, I couldn't live with that. Knowing that I didn't try my best-" I cut him off with a kiss. He deepened the kiss and I smiled. Unfortunately we, as humans, had to breath so I broke away. "Hey Sam, What was that shriek about in the house?" Sam smiled "Why don't you ask her yourself?" I looked at him in confusion as he pulled me to the house. 

He walked into the house and walked into the living room, with me following close behind. "Look at what the cat brought in!" Sam said gleefully. Bucky turned and so did Lily and Emma. "Before I said anything Lily ran up to me and grabbed my ear. "HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME AND EVERYONE IN HYSTERICS! WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD, OR WORSE! YOU LEFT ME AND NATASHA WITH THE STUPID MALES OF THE TEAM," Sam and Bucky looked appalled at this statement. " YOU DIDN'T GET TO GO TO MY BABY SHOWER! I SWEAR TO MY HOUSE AND HUSBAND THAT IF YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN I WILL DRAG YOU BY THE EAR AND HAIR ALL THE WAY BACK TO BASE!" I smiled "I missed you too Lily." Lily grabbed me into a hug crying about how I left her with idiots. 

I felt a tug on my jeans so I looked down."Are you my Aunt Joanie? Uncle Sham looks at photos of you and talks about you a lot." I picked up Emma, holding on my hip. "Yes I am your Aunt Joanie and well Uncle Am is a Sap, but I love him for it. So Emma, the question is, do you think that I am your Aunt?" Emma nods and wriggles out of my hold into her mother's.

"Hey Lily Bear! Why did I here shrieking outside?" Lily looks at me. She was about to explode. "I'M PREGGERS!" she shouts ad I shriek too. "OMG! LILY BEAR! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! AGHH!" I danced up a down, excited for Lily. Soon we were both in tears holding each other in a sisterly hug. " I was thinking for a girl Abigail, and for a boy Oliver." I cringed," No, people use those names too much, what about Ava for a girl and William for a boy." She shook her head, and I turned to the boys." Might want to sit down, will be here for a while fellas."

~Three hours later~ 

"So I am standing by the door, waiting for Bucky and Steve, so I  can go to the hospital and they are running around like chickens with no heads! My water broke and everything and the pain was making me want to sit on the ground, but they finally pulled their heads out of their asses and took me to the hospital!" Lily and I laughed at the boy's stupidity and poured another glass of lemonade.

"They are so stupid sometimes. It was hilarious." I smile and hold a drink up in the air. "To living and to the boys stupidity." Lily smiled and raised her cup too. 

Lily changed the song on the radio to Wings by Little Mix  and started belting the lyrics.

  Mama told me not to waste my life

She said spread your wings my little butterfly  

I screamed the lyrics and stood up to dance, Lily joining me.

  Don't let what they say keep you up at night

And if they give you shhhhThen they can walk on by  

We were wild, carefree and didn't need to go out for a good time. for the first time in awhile, I was happy. 

  My feet, feet can't touch the ground
And I can't hear a sound
But you just keep on running up your mouth yeah  

We were different people. We weren't the superheroes Night-Bird or The Winter Soldier's partner. We were Lily and Joanie, best friends. Taking on the world together. No matter what it throws at us.

 My feet, feet can't touch the ground 

And I can't hear a sound 

But you just keep on running up your mouth yeah  

We could take life to the next level. Lily was going to have her second kid and I am engaged to my handsome Sam.  We could do this, we can escape the life that we were forced into. We can make it to a better one. 

  Walk, walk on over there

'Cause I'm too fly to care, oh yeah
Your words don't mean a thing
I'm not listening
Keep talking, all I know is  

"Hey girls, I-uh Well Joanie and I are leaving now. We will see you tomorrow." I pretend to pout as I walk towards the door. I got into the car and kiss Sam's cheek. "thank you." I say, "For what?" he replies. 

"For making me fall in love with you."