Stranded? or Saved?

Joanie's PoV

--one year earlier--

I ran away into the woods, panting and wishing my leg would stop hurting. I stopped and and pulled my pants leg up, my leg was bleeding very badly and I knew I wouldn't make it in time.

I couldn't fly, It hurt too badly and would only get me a few feet above the ground. You will never survive.

I grabbed a flare out of my backpack and lit it up. I threw it in the air as a plane went by. It was to late but it was worth a try.
"Come on Deary,come back to the base." I sobbed harder than I did when I realized that Sam wasn't going to find me.

-/Flashback/-

"We need Information on the Avengers!" I held my tears back as Jade Wood held a burning knife to my fingers. "NEVER!" Jade smirked at me and plunged the knife into my skin. I didn't scream,but a tear or two fell down my cheek.

Jade grabbed the knife on the table. She held my neck in her hands and then hit a nerve point. On a reflex my wing burst out, Jade dragged the knife down my left wing. At the tip she started to carve a 45 into it. "AAAHH!" A scream escaped my lips. Jade held my wing tenderly in her hands. She gave me a smirk and brought it down hard on her knee. Crack. Like a sensible person I threw up. I was crying harder now. I had a little bit of hope, but not a lot.

"They are never coming for you Joanie, never ever." Jade held my face in her hands she squeezed it and threw my head to the side."No one cares Joanie, they never loved you. How could they love a freak like you." She kicked my stomach so many times I lost count.

Finally she placed me back in my cell and refused to feed me, again.

-/Flashback end/-

I cried as I was dragged away from the rest of the world. My world, my home, my need, My Avengers team, My Family.

"SHUT UP! DON'T EVER AGAIN LEAVE THE DAMN BASE EVER AGAIN!!" Yelled a guard.

I stopped crying, I gave up hope years ago. I will never know happiness again until I am dead. I love you Sam. I forgive you Sam, I miss you Sam, I am with you to the end Sam. If he was looking for me, he would never find me.

I need to get healthy as I can, so I can escape this place.

---Present Day---

I washed my hands in the gas station bathroom in New Jersey, and looked into the mirror. My reflection was a ghastly one. My skin so pale it was white, my cheeks hollow and cold. My hair was stringy and greasy. I had been on the road a couple weeks now and I was already about to stave to death.

"Did you hear about the Falcon, he hasn't stopped looking for that girlfriend of his. Night-Bird I think was her name. She has been missing for about 3 years now and I don't think he will ever find her. She just disappeared." A woman said, she was followed by a slightly plumper looking woman. "That's a shame Glenda, he has so much going for him." I plucked up my courage and went up to them.

"Can you help me, I don-" "You are the nice lady that the Falcon is looking for aren't you." The woman looked at me expectantly, I was suddenly reminded of my mom."Yes ma'am, and I was on my way home right now, but I am broke so I was going to ask If I could maybe borrow some money for a bus ticket to-" "Don't worry dear, We will get you to New York and then you can get to your base from there." I was stunned, these nice old ladies are just helping me for no reason, except the goodness of their old lady hearts."Thank you so much, I'll repay you." The lady shook her head."No need dear, you remind me of my grandchildren, Glenda and I were going up there anyways." She smiled and we started to the car.

*in parking lot*

"So which car is yours?" I ask, there was only 3 cars and I didn't see the women going towards any of them."Oh we didn't drive a car, we ride motorcycles." Glenda said, smiling like she had just pulled the greatest prank." You will ride with Rose, she has a spare helmet." I looked towards the slightly plumper looking woman who had offered to take me up to New York. She smiled at me and gestured to the bike, signaling for me to get on.

"I won't bite dear, We have made this drive a thousand times." I hesitantly get on the motorcycle and Rose hands me a helmet, and soon enough we were on the highway.