Morning shocks

"Mom, Evan, wake up now! We will be late for our first day of high school." I heard a clang, and two pairs of feet head down to the kitchen. My little brother, Evan, Sat at the table, hair brushed, uniform on and with his backpack by his feet. Mom soon follows in PJs and coffee mug in hand she gives me a small smile and ruffles Evans hair affectionately. "Evan, how are already in high school you barely 9, jeez I thought I had to wait until you were 17, my clever boy." Evan looks at her weird, then stops. "Joanie, move away from the door." Evan turns up the volume on his hearing aids and turns his head towards the door.

I heard a the glass break, so looked towards the window. When I look back my mom is clutching her neck, blood seeping through her fingers. "MOM!!" I rushed towards her as she fell from her seat at the table. "T-t-take care of Evan. H-he depends on you and find, Phil c-coulson, y-your father. I have a file under the loose floor board in the s-sta-" her eyes kept staring at me, dead, lifeless, my brother stares in innocent horror.

I run to him, holding him close. I heard banging on the door and I look through the peephole. There was at least 10 men. I grabbed Evan and we ran upstairs I grab my phone, and call my mom's old co-worker, Maria Hill.

------------------------------------------

Sorry the chapter is supposed to be short the next one will be longer