Hospital visit

Evan's PoV 

I stood outside the hospital room that held my half-sister. Sam was sitting in the chair next to me. His head in his hands. "This is my fault." Sam says. I look at him,"No it isn't, If it's anyone's fault it's Jade's." I said. "How old are you anyway?" It has been 5 years since I saw my sister, 5 years since they told I was dead. It's been 3 years since saw her in her cell. 5 years since I escaped  W.o.l.f. "I'm around the age 14, But I don't know what ages my group is." 

"There's more of you?!" yelled Sam

*FlashBack* 

I stood near Joanie and the other scientists. The scientist brought two black wings to the room and started to operate on Joanie. The two bodyguards started to pull me away, as Joanie started to flop like a fish and her heart monitor started to go crazy. 

"Joanie! Joanie! WAKE UP! HELP ME! HEELL-" I was cut off with a rag to my face. 

"SHUDDUP boy the procedure isn't done yet, you'll get her killed! Take him away! Start his procedure!" I was silent, there was nothing I could do. I knew they had chloroform on the rag, I wasn't going to be awake for long I just wish that I could do something. 

(Time Skip)

I was thrown into a room My back hurt and so did my head. "Hey guys, this one is stirring. Maybe He will have answers."A girl asked in southern accent "I severally doubt that Sierra, besides Jesse and Chris  didn't know anything, Just give it up." The girl sighed and felt compelled to help her get answers, no matter what. I sat up slowly. I felt a tug on my back. "HOLY CRAP!" I yelled. I had to brown wings stuck to back, I looked around the room, hoping that I wasn't the only one shocked about this. There were six other people here. the girl, Sierra I think, had blonde hair and green eyes, she had two beautiful White dove wings on her back. The other people gave me hard looks, besides two little kids in a corner of the room. 

Sierra placed her hand towards me, signaling for me to shake it. I smiled and shook it. She pulled me up. "Welcome to you new home, My name is Sierra." She pulled me over to the two children, they couldn't be more than 4-5 years old. One kid, the girl, had brown hair and deep blue eyes, the little boy the same. They both had smallish grey wings with a baby blue tinge to them.  "This is Mary and Will they are furtunal twins." she pulled me over to a teenager and a couple other kids, The one that looked the oldest had black hair and grey eyes, his hair was a bit longer and he had black and purple tipped wings. 

"That's James, and these two love birds are Jesse and Chris." I looked at the two boys, one had Blue hair and hazel eyes.He also had white wings, but with red tips. While the other had brown hair and brown eyes, he had two calico colored wings. The two were practically sitting on each others laps they were sitting so close. I smiled at them and they smiled back. "Well I'm Evan. It's nice to meet you."

*Flashback over*

"Yeah there are more, Six to be truthful, Seven including me. James, He's the oldest, he is about Joanie's age I think. Then there is Jesse and Chris, they are about 19/20 ish. Mary and Will, when I met them they were about 4/5 ish now they are about 8/9 ish. Finally there is Sierra, she's my age."  I said looking at Joanie through the window of her room. Vets and Doctors alike had come to save Joanie from the stab wound in her stomach and bullet wounds in her wings. I remembered my family, the ones that took care of me, not my old one. 

*Flashback*

"How old are you guys, were are you from, are there more like us-" James cut me off "Look kid we only know who we were and about how old we are. We don't know if there are more like us but we are more concerned on how to get out. I and if the others want to we will tell you about ourselves." I nodded and so did everyone else. "I'll start, My name is James Brook, I'm about 25 right now and use to live in Sacramento, California." I smiled at him. he sat down and Jesse stood up, " I'm Jesse Warner, and this is Chris Steele, my boyfriend, we are about 17. We used to live in Pineville, Oregon." He held Chris's hand like it was the thing anchoring him to the world, like he would float off and never come back. "I'm Sierra Knight, I'm around 9 years old. I used to live in Austin, Texas. This is Mary and Will Hunt. they are 4 years old, they used to live in Killington, Vermont." I smiled at Sierra as she sat down, the twins sitting close to each other, and Sierra. 

*Time skip 2 years later*

"Ew! Chris! Jesse! Stop!" Yelled Sierra in her Texan accent, I laughed as Jesse and Chris sheepishly stop there make-out sesh. It had been two years since we escaped W.o.l.f.  James adopted all of us and bought a house big enough for all of us. Jesse and Chris got part-time jobs, and so did James. We loved our little family, some days we call it a flock since we all have wings but, we felt closer than that. 

I wasn't stupid I watched the news, Joanie, my sister, Turned superhero. I would've gone to find her if she didn't think I was dead. I wished her the best in life, I found my new family, I hope she finds hers. 

*Flashback over*

"You two are free to come in now. She is recovering, sad news is she lost the baby." I stood there in shock, Sam faced seemed to pale. "S-she lost w-what now?" Sam asked hesitantly, like he didn't even want the horrible answer. "The baby, It was a few days along, but don't worry, she can still have children. Her wings might take a bit to heal but with a bit of TLC she will be just fine." the doctor said. She walked away, I let Sam walk in. Joanie was crying and so was Sam. He held her face in his hand, stroking her cheek. It seemed that he was saying it going to be okay, I was happy for Joanie, she found her new family. 

Suddenly a woman came bursting into the scene, yelling at the Nurses to let her see Joanie. I watched silently as Sam came out, he calmed the woman down and brought the blubbering woman to Joanie. 

Yeah, Joanie found her new place in the world, Her new family. I found my new world, My new family. 

And I was fine leaving the old one behind.

To Be Continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I had this idea were I write a book for Evan and his new  family, vote and comment for the book, I think I could call it Birds of a Feather. Vote and Comment for this Chapter. 

Love you all<3

~Madison Valdez