A Stark Party

Joanie' s POV

*May 15, or a month later* the day before the big party.

I told Tony that I did not want a big party for my birthday, since I have really never had a big party before. Well that was not entirely true. I had a big party on my 21st birthday. But that's not the point.

Natasha and Pepper nearly killed Tony when he had almost invited the president, several celebrities and the Queen of England. Jarvis told us the guest list and nearly a quarter of it was vetoed. Finally, we had narrowed it down to the Avengers and a couple of my old friends.

Lily had gotten me a short green dress with a strap around my neck, it was emerald green and hugged my curves nicely. "You look beautiful Joanie. I wish that you could see how beautiful you are." I smiled at her, then I pulled out a black strapless dress. " and I wish that you could get into this dress, so we can go to my party." We laughed and she went to get her dress on.

*at the party*

"I will go first, then you will, its like going to prom again!" Sequels Lily, she seemed excited.

Lily walked down the stairwell and walked over to Steve and Bucky. Steve smiled at the two, and the couple turned to the stairwell, towards me, I took that as the cue to walk down. I heard Wanda gasp and saw Sam's mouth drop open. "Close your mouth sweetie, you will catch flies." I closed his mouth and smiled. We all danced, Lily less because of her stitches in her stomach from getting shot. My dress didn't puff out like Lily's, but I loved it all the same. When I was little girl I wanted a green dress like a princess, that dream was crushed when my mom brought me to S.H.I.E.L.D, My mom told me to get rid of that silly notation, but Natasha taught me to hold onto that dream a bit. She wanted me to be a bit of a kid before I was trained. She was fairly new to S.H.I.E.L.D, so we had a stronger bond than the other agents. We never went on a mission together, but we always thought that one time, one of us won't come back.

"May I have this dance M'lady." I spun around, Sam held his hand out. I looked at him and put my hand in his. We walked to the DJ that Tony got. I requested the song and we went to the dance floor.

I tried to paint you a picture
The colors were all wrong
Black and white didn't fit you
And all along

Sam twirled me and I laughed. "your Beautiful My Angel." I spun around with him.

You were shaded with patience
Your strokes of everything
That I need just to make it,
But I can see yeah

"Your point, Sam?" He kissed me softly and we continued to dance.

Lord knows I failed you time and again, But you and me are alright

We won't say our goodbyes
You know it's better that way
We won't break, we won't die
It's just a moment of change

"My point is that your beautiful, need I say anymore." "No you sassy man"

All we are, all we are

Is everything that's right
All we need, all we need
A lover's alibi, yeah

"Joanie," "Yeah Sam?" "I love you" "I love you too Sam."

I walked a minute in your shoes
They never would've fit
I figured there's nothing to lose
I need to get

We spun around, he twirled me and I twirled him too. We soon sat down listening to the rest of the song.