Chapter 10

One and a half month has passed since Taylor returned from London. It's now the beginning of April and the temperatures are rising. Karlie has always loved the spring. She loves the flowers, the animals, the weather and the food. Being able to go outside without a coat and not be cold is something she likes a lot as well. She likes to feel the slight breezes on her arms, it comforts her in a way. Another thing that always comes with the beginning of the spring is a bit more free time. She's just finished all of the fashion weeks which means she'll be a lot less busy the coming weeks. Most of her shoots are in New York anyway.

She really hated the fact that she had to leave a little less than a week after Taylor returned. To be honest, she'd kind of forgotten about the fashion weeks and only remembered once Cara asked about it. She'd had to go to Milan, Paris and London for fashion week without a single week off. Thumbs up to the people who organized it, Karlie was really happy with that. She finished up in New York which she didn't mind so much because it meant she got to be around her newfound best friend again.

Currently, Karlie's waiting for her family to arrive at the train station. She has already prepared a pretty extravagant lunch for them to share at home, she figured that it's the least she could do after not seeing them for a little over 3 months. The model can't wait to catch up with them. She knew some bits and pieces about the things going on in their life, but not in great detail. For one, she knows Kimby and Kariann are doing great as freshman's in college and she knows Kristine was offered a promotion. Despite knowing this, it's as if her sisters' lives are distant to her. She doesn't know the ins and outs, she doesn't know the funny stories from college and she doesn't know why her sister got promoted, but she wants to. Sometimes she wishes she could just be a teenager again, be as close as she can with her family. She tries her best to keep up with everyone, but with thousands of miles between them it's hard.

Karlie grins once the train arrives. She takes a moment to appreciate the fact she's unnaturally tall and then continues to look over everyone trying to spot her family. She even starts balancing on her toes, trying to catch a glimpse. Her family finds her first though, which they made pretty obvious.

"I see a tall giraffe over there!" she hears Kimby's voice, "come on guys, she's over there!"

Karlie turns around and is almost tackled to the ground by her twin sisters. Both are exclaiming how much they've missed her which Karlie is quick to return. Looking up she catches Kristine's eye. She releases the twins and steps forward to wrap her older sister in a hug.

"Nice to see you again, Kar," Kristine whispers into Karlie's ear, squeezing her sister close to her.

"You too," Karlie mumbles, "I've missed you."

"Let's never go this long without seeing each other, okay?" Kristine asks and Karlie nods her head franticly. She then lets go of her sister and walks over to her parents. They hug her as well, but release her quickly compared to the others.

"Sweetie, how are you?" Her mother asks with a slightly worried tone. Her mother seems to think she needs to be treated like she's made of glass because of what happened with Josh. She told them about what happened over one of their late-night phone calls, mostly because she was too tired to think about what she was saying. Needless to say, her mother went into full protection mode and immediately deemed Karlie as miserable. She hadn't changed that opinion yet, no matter how many times she'd told Tracy she was okay.

"I'm good mom," Karlie chuckles, "I really am."

"Thank god," Her mother says and wraps her in a hug once more. Seeing her daughter in person showed her that she had indeed spoken the truth about being okay, something Tracy was incredibly happy about.