Chapter 14

"Good afternoon Harry," Karlie greets once she enters the living room and flings herself onto the couch.

"Hello Karlie," Harry says with a smile and then continues tying his shoelaces.

This is the way all of their interactions seem to go, they're friendly and talk about things but they never get very involved. Sure, they like to talk to one another, but both have a reason as to why they don't want to get too close. Taylor was the glue that held them together and the wall that held them apart at the same time. She's the reason they know each other, however without her Karlie and Harry wouldn't be guarded at all. They'd get to know each other without thinking about alternative motives.

Karlie had just returned from Milan, where she'd been for about a week. She had to do some photoshoots over there and normally she wouldn't be complaining, but now that she's aware of her infatuation with the singer she doesn't want to be apart. Of course it hurts to see her with Harry, but living without Taylor is like living without oxygen. She needs Taylor in ways she didn't know were possible and it's a good and bad thing at the same time. She knows she's putting herself up for heartbreak. There's no way she'll be able to be with Taylor without getting hurt, she's married after all. Yet, she has a little bit of hope that she holds onto. Whenever Harry is gone she'll flirt with Taylor, throw subtle hints and touch the blonde as much as she can. She just hopes it'll be enough.

The model's mind is still being dominated by something that happened a little over a week ago. Taylor had come to her apartment to say goodbye and the girls decided to have a nice dinner together. Afterwards, they'd gone outside and watched the sunset together. She could still remember the way Taylor animatedly talked about sunsets, for they were one of her favorite things, the way she blushed because of the compliments Karlie gave her and the intense way Taylor's eyes would stare into hers. Yet, above all, she remembers how close she'd come to kissing the blonde. The singer had something on her lip and Karlie had wiped it away, but she had left her hand on the singers face. Taylor's blue eyes had looked at her with a soft expression and at that time she had been sure the singer wanted to kiss her too. Her gaze fell down to Taylor's lips and she had leaned in a little closer. Just when she was about to go for it the blonde broke the eye contact and said she needed to go to the bathroom, leaving Karlie to think about what had just happened. Or almost happened.

"Hey, Karlie," Harry says while snapping his fingers in front of her face, "you there? You zoned out a little, mate," Harry says with a smirk present on his face. "I'm going to go now, got to meet up with the lads to record a song. You girls behave yourselves, okay?"

"We will," Karlie chuckles. 'I hope we wouldn't though' she can't help but add in her head. "you go have fun."

"I most definitely will," Harry smiles, "see you some other time."

"See you," Karlie replies with a small wave and Harry's out of the house in no time. Not without screaming an 'I love you' to Taylor though and it causes Karlie's heart to ache. 'I wish I could do that' she thinks.

Meanwhile Taylor finishes putting the dishes in the dishwasher. She cleans her hands and heads towards the living room. Once there, she straddles the model and hugs Karlie as close to her as she can. The past few days she'd missed the model a lot, it was like a part of her was missing. The only feeling she could compare it to was the feeling of missing Harry. Yet, the singer thought it was good they'd spent a little time apart. Just before Karlie left, when they'd had a nice little dinner together, she had felt a sudden urge to kiss the model and the thought scared her. They were best friends and she was married to an incredibly nice young man, there was no way she wanted to kiss Karlie. But she knows there was, she remembers the night clearly and no alcohol had been consumed. The singer never lies to herself and she won't start now, so she admits she had the urge to kiss the model. It was probably because she'd been so nice to Taylor all night or something. But yeah, the singer had been kind of relieved about the time apart, even if it was just to sort out her mind.