Chapter 1

"Miss, could you wake up? We have landed."

Karlie opens her eyes, having woken up from a peaceful slumber. With still sleepy eyes she looks around the plane and sees she's one of the only ones who is still there. Also still there is the elderly couple she chatted with before boarding the plane. 'Such a nice couple' she thinks to herself. The couple had spoken animatedly about all of the trips they had taken, the adventures they had been on and the memories they shared, love radiant in their eyes the entire time. Karlie hopes that one day she finds such a love herself, one where you can never get enough of each other.

Looking to her left she sees that her neighbor had already left. 'Good riddance' she thinks, all he had been doing during the plane ride was staring at her like she was a piece of meat. It made Karlie feel uncomfortable, but she was quick to shake of the feeling since it had happened way too many times before. All she still felt in situations like this one was annoyance. Yes, she knows she has good looks, but that doesn't mean that every man she comes across needs to look at her. Especially not when they are double her age, that's just gross. This man had even had the nerve to ask for her number, saying that they should 'get to know each other better'. She shuddered just thinking about it.

Karlie has been on enough flights that she knows that the flight attendants are too polite to say so, but want you to leave as soon as possible. Considering she is one of the only ones left, she therefore decides to leave as fast as she can. Quickly, she gathers all of her stuff, gets up and takes her suitcase from the cabinet above her head. After thanking the crew for her pleasant flight, she is fast to leave the plane.

"Dear," she hears the women from earlier call, "dear, wait up please!"

Karlie looks behind her and sees the elderly couple approaching her. "Alright, alright," Karlie chuckles, "Did you two have a nice flight?"

"Yes, thanks for asking," the man says, "definitely way better than the time we went to Ecuador. Do you still remember honey? How the food looked molded and they didn't take your allergies into consideration? Don't even get me started on the way they spoke to us, those rude little –"

"Honey, stop, you're rambling," the women chuckles, "we were here to talk to Karlie, remember?" The women turns to Karlie, "we all had to board the plane so fast because of the delay, we never got to say a proper goodbye to each other. We know you probably want to head home right this moment to get to your boyfriend and we are most likely keeping you from –"

"Nonsense," Karlie says, " yes, I want to get home to Josh, but I like talking to you guys too. You aren't keeping me from anything, if I wanted to leave I would say so, trust me. I do agree we never got to end our conversation in a proper way, so I think it's nice that you stopped me from leaving."

"Oh, I'm glad," the women starts, "but we won't keep you from surprising your boyfriend for much longer. The both of us just hope you have a great time. Who knows, maybe we'll see each other around some time."

"Yeah," Karlie says, "maybe we will. I am going to go now, I still need to get a cab and who knows how long that will take. I hope you enjoy your stay in New York, goodbye!"

"Goodbye, Karlie, " they both say at the same time. Karlie giggles softly to herself, they were so cute. She is struck once again by the thought of wanting a love like theirs, but who knows, maybe she already found her one true love in Josh.

Because of a cancelled shoot Karlie was able to get home a day early. The shoot was cancelled because the photographer got food poisoning or something, she doesn't really remember. All she cared about is that she was home early, had an extra day off and could surprise her boyfriend Josh, whom she had missed immensely while away for two weeks.