A new friend

I said goodbye to mom in the morning. But not without a "don't you have attitude with me. I'm not in the mood for it" talk. No one was in the kitchen so I decided to grab some cereal before going to school. Thankfully mom didn't come into the kitchen. She had gotten fired from the last job. It was a stupid reason to get fired, but still, she was fired.

After leaving my hell of a house I sighed deeply and began walking. It was early, but I liked the darker part of the morning. The air was wonderful, a bit cold though. I started to think about story ideas that I've been forming in my head.

"You don't deserve to rule this world brother!" I shouted at my infidel of a brother.

"Well sister, are you going to kill me then? Lock me in ice? You've always been so forgiving. You don't have the guts." He said confidently.

He didn't think I'd do it. He was wrong. I no longer had any sympathy for him. He could burn for all I cared. I smiled at him.

"Oh no brother. Trapping you in ice would be to good for you. I guess I could always do the spell wrong like you did. Make you aware for 3000 years!" Perhaps I had gone mad.

Hmm...that would be too easy to get out there. Perhaps I should let anyone who reads it subconsciously think that she's is crazy. I could just show it in her actions. Like an eye twitch.

"Sounds like a cool book, what's it about?" I yelped as a guy appeared beside me. Oh, and don't forget the part where he was floating. And the part where I landed on my butt.

"What?" I gaped at him. He was beautiful. He had flowing red hear, and deep chocolate brown eyes. And a smirk to complete it.

"That book in your head. I hope you don't mind. I took a peek." His feet finally touched the ground as he reached down to help me up. I refused the hand.

"What the hell-"

"Am I? Well it's hard to explain. But ultimately I come from a different world. Huh, I guess it's not so hard to explain."

"But, that was all in my head." I said, rather stupidly might I add.

"Ever heard of telepathy?" He said, pointing to his head. He was hovering just off the ground now, circling me.

"W-what do you want from m-me?" I stuttered.

"Nothing really." He was on him side, floating around me. "I just want to hang. People here do that right?"

"Why would you want to hang with me?" I could feel tears treated to peek their head out. He stood in front of me with a kind smile that made you want to melt.

"You just look so sad all the time." My brow came together as I looked at this beautiful stranger.

"I'm not sad." I spat. I didn't even know this guy, and he wanted to be my friend?

"Alright fine, you're not sad. Sure. Tell yourself that lie. But I'll still be here. Consider yourself my new play thing." Did music just play after he said that? Weird.

"Yay." I turned my finger in a circle. He just laughed and there his arm around me. And I panicked. What do I do? This was very weird. Did I really not like people touching my this much? Before I could go full on panic, his arm receded.

"It's alright. I'm not going to hurt you or anything. Oh you may not want to talk to me with people around. You're kind of the only one that can see me." He laughed as he patted the back of his head.

"What's the use of even having a friend if you can't talk to them?"

"Hello." He said mockingly and he pointed to his head.