A Dinner to Remeber

Greer-Artimis- came and collected me after the maid had dressed me and done my hair. It was a red and gold gown that was more dragged slightly on the ground. It was cut low and she somehow made it seem like I had larger breasts than I actually had. She pinned my hair up into an elegant bun, laced with sparkling clips that made it, well, sparkle.

"Dang son, look at you. Look at your boobs!" Greer said, eyes glued on my chest. "I didn't realize what honkers you have." He beamed. I flicked the middle of his face.

"Ow!"

"Don't be gross. And stop staring." I could feel my face begin to grow red. He gave me a genuine smile and offered me his arm.

"There's that gentleman I know."

"Of course my lady." He bowed his head. I giggled at his stupidity.

We arrived at the tall door that lead into the dining area.

"I forgot how hungry I was. How long has it been? Two days?" I oddly only felt like I hadn't eaten a meal, or two.

"You drank the dragons blood, that can nourish  you." Greer said. I nodded and kept walking. 

The grand hall lived up to its name. That was the largest table I've ever seen. Knights, royalty and wealthy families were all seated comfortably at this massive table. Everyone was already seated when we walked in.

"Nice digs." I said before I put any thought in it.

"Excuse me, Ever, what did you say?" The Queen inquired.

"What a lovely dining area you have your majesty." I quickly bit my tongue. She smiled at me, but didn't speak. Everyone was quiet. It was kind of creepy. And I felt so exposed. I didn't dare look at Greer for comfort.

"Ever. Sit by me." Barren gestured to the seat next to him. I eagerly walked over to take the cushioned chair. It was feather cushioned, at least I thought, I couldn't really tell due to the amount of fabric.

Greer sat down with the other Knights and then the king stood, his robes draping elegantly behind him.

"Let us toast to our new advantage over the Kurts. Not only have we gained a new ally, but a new princess. We are also here to celebrate the engagement of my son, Prince Barren, and the sorceress Ever. Now, let's eat!" His voice echoed through the silent corridor.

I was speechless. The engagement of who? I looked at Barren in shock. He gave me a wink and whispered something about trusting him. I smiled shakily and shoved food into my mouth. This clearly got some states.

"Forgive her, she apparently hasn't eaten in a while." Greer-Artimis- laughed with his Knight buddies.

Eat as much as you can. We'll be leaving sooner than planned. Ready?

Ready for what?

Something like watered down mashed potatoes fell off of my fork when the real Aritmis came barging through the dining room doors.

"Where is he?!" His voice was low and dangerous. Threatening and laced with anger. His eyes fell on his double and his jaw dropped. Greer just gave him a flirtatious little wave, which angered him further.

"Who are you? And why do you wear my face?"

"Boy someone is angry." I said amused. His eyes flew to me.