Illusions and Traitors

"It ain't your fault. And it ain't mine. We're just poor nuts that got thrown in wrong, that's all."
-Euguene O'Neill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So now, Ever, from whence do you hail?" The King was now sitting up straight, deadly. His words held a hidden threat. I was purposefully ignoring his question because I didn't really have a good answer other than, I'm really from an alternate universe. If that doesn't get me killed, I don't know what will.

Then it hit me.

"I came from where you found me." I said simply. I mean, technically, I did.

"You...live in that...forest?" The King said, unconvinced.

"Yes. From a cave in the rock."

"I saw no such cave." Artimis stated.

"I may be an amateur, but I can at least conceal a cave from others eyes." I had a new found courage. Way to go me. The King nodded thoughtfully.

"I see. So you owed no one your loyalty. Well, I'm pleased that you have joined our kingdom, Ever." His piercing gaze left me and fell to a servant on the bottom of the stairs. "Prepare a room for our guest. And some dinner for all of us. You will dine with is tonight." It was not a question.

My 'room' it was large. Larger than my old room. It had tan bed sheets and a more neutral tone to it. The bed mass had deep brown wood. I sat on the bed and found to be a bit stiff.

I lifted up my shirt to look at the brand on my skin. It had blistered, but still didn't hurt. It was a swirl with two spikes, not connected to the swirl, jetting out of it. It as about the size of my thumb, not including the two spikes. I was branded. Like a cow. I moaned loudly and fell back into my bed.

"So this is where you ran off to." A familiar voice spoke. I jumped up and hit my head against Greers.

"Ow. I didn't run off. I was dragged here." I said rubbing the sore spot on my head.

"I know." He said, smirking.

"What?"

"Nice hair." He noted. I rolled my eyes and fell back into the bed. I felt his hand run through my hair.

"Ooo, it's made it super soft too! Nice. Liking the humans so far?" He asked plopping down next to me.

"They suck! They even branded me!" I yelled, lifting up my shirt to show him. His eyes widened as his hand hovered close to it.

"It didn't actually hurt. I blame the dragon blood." I said softly.

"Now you're have a cool scar." He gave me a toothy smile.

"Woo." I said apathetically. "Can we leave now. They want to make me their 'sorceress'." Needless to say I was done with humans.

"Wait, lets mess with these humans a bit eh?" A mischievous look appeared in his eyes.

"I don't know. I mean..." I thought about it a bit more. It might be fun to mess with them considering they dragged me here.

"Screw it. Let's do it." A knock at the door. Greer hid quickly under the bed. "Uh, come in?" I really didn't know what else to say.

I was surprised to see one of the princes walk into my room. He had shaggy blond hair and vibrant green eyes. He wore blue and gold instead the purple and gold.

He had a regal look about him, a strong looking jaw bone and a small nose. He looked like he hadn't lifted a finger in his life, he was skinny.

"Yes?" I asked harshly.