Branded

"Never really to want, or be wanted.  So I am alone."
                -Euguene O'neil
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They put me on a horse. It was beautiful too. It was black with a white nose. I would have pet it, but my hands were bound. Artimis was given the duty of riding with me, because he found me. He didn't seem to pleased with this idea.

"If you give me trouble Ever, I'll throw you sideway and make you lay on your stomach." He threatened.

"You say such sweet things." I said venomously. A fire danced behind his eyes and he helped me up onto the black horse. Having my hands bound made it hard to hold onto anything. I was frightened. I began to panic, which lead to a panic attack.

"Calm down will you?" He barked at me.

"Well sorry." I barked right back.

He jumped behind me in the horse and wrapped his non-armored hand around my waist, securing me to his. I stopped panicking. Then I felt gross over how comfortable I felt. We started moving forward and I felt myself tense.

"What is the matter Ever? Haven't you ever been on a horse before?" I could feel him smirking at his little joke.

"And what if I hadn't?" I teased.

"Then I'd say, hold on." He was full in smiling. I could feel it.

"You wouldn't-" The horse picked up speed. I tensed a significant amount more and closed my eyes. I wasn't exactly afraid, but I was afraid.

I could even hear the jerk laughing at my pain. I made a metal not to burn all of his armor to heaps of melted metal.

The trees passed by in a blur, but I didn't pay much attention considering that I was closing my eyes.

"What the?! What is you hair doing?" I heard Artimis ask. I looked back to find my hair was floating around him. I laughed. Good hair.

"My hair doesn't seem to like you." I said laughing. The braid had fallen out and that had let the magical floating hair free.

"I've seen many things in my life. Magical hair is not one of them." He said dumbfounded.

"Consider yourself lucky then."

"Control your hair before I cut it off." He grumbled.

"I can't control it. It has a mind of its own. And I could say the same to you pippy long stalks." I didn't even know what/who that was, but it seemed like a good insult.

"What?" He didn't know who that was either. Oh yeah. New world and all. Silly me.

"Never mind." I mumbled. "Just shove it over my shoulder, it will bother me instead." I told him.

At that moment his arm left my waist to push my hair over my shoulder I was tensing again. At least the horse had slowed down significantly. I felt his hands move though my hair. Not pushing it over my shoulders like I had told him to to.

"Hey, what are you-"

"Your hair is very soft." He mumbled. Still playing with my hair. My body was instantly engulfed with goose flesh.

"Er, thanks." I said, trying to contain how much pleasure I felt from him playing with my hair. He finally pushed it over my shoulder and wrapped him arm back around my waist. The horse picked up speed. Light began to flood the valley. Dawn was breaking.

"So tell me. Where are you from?" He sounded a bit harsh.

"I don't like your attitude." I stated. He scoffed at me.