Chapter 22

"I wish I knew"

It was a while later now, and after Aria totally shut me out she stopped talking to me. Maybe she was afraid she would let me in, maybe she was tired. Maybe her soul was tired. Her eyes were glued at that white wall again and while I was still figuring out what could be so freakishly interesting about that white wall, Aria layed her head down on her white pillow and stared at me. I bent down as my eyes met hers.

"Let me help you" I wishpered before I cupped her cheek. I tried so hard, yet Aria didn't respond to me at all. How could this girl shut her feelings down like it was nothing? "Let me in" I wishpered and let my breath tickle her lips. Aria finally moved. She crawled to the other end of her bed and burried her head in her pillow. The only sound I could hear now was the sound of the seconds passing by. I looked at the little girl, wrapped in her sheets, and decided it was time to go. I stood up from my chair and made my way to the door. Just when I wanted to leave I heard a soft voice behind me.

"Ezra?" she wishpered with a hoarse voice. I froze for a second before I turned around and saw her sitting in her bed.

"What, Aria?"

"Where are you going?" She asked as she wrapped her sheet up to her chest.

"I'm going home" I stated and wanted to walk away before Aria stopped me.

"Ezra wait" she said

"Why?" I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "Look at me Aria, look at my clothes. Look at the blood. This is your blood. I'm trying everything I can to help you but you keep shutting me out. You clearly don't want to have me  here. So yes Aria, I'm going home"

"Ezra.."

"Goodbye Aria"

"Ezra, I need you" Aria said and suddenly broke down in sobs wich broke my heart. "Stop making me say it Ezra, but I need you" she cried and slammed her fist in her pillow "I fucking need you the most now" she cried out. I closed the white hospital door and rushed to the bed where I took the broken girl in my arms. As soon as my arms wrapped around her tiny waist she grabbed my shirt with her hands and burried her head in my chest.

"I am sorry Ezra" she cried. In the same time I brushed her tangled hair with my fingers and placed a kiss on top of her head. "I'm sorry I'm such a failure" she cried out. I sat down on the bed and pulled her on my lap before I pulled back and looked her in her eyes

"You are not a failure Aria, please stop saying that" I said and cupped her cheek. "I'm gonna drag you through this, we can survive this Aria" I wishpered and let my forehead touch hers. "You have to believe in yourself"

"How can I believe in myself if no one else does?" She questioned herself. She started staring at that wall again but I took her face in my hands and turned her head towards me

"No Aria, I'm not letting you shut me out again. We're gonna fight through this" I said and tears streamt down her vunerable, porcelain skin.

"I just wanted to go back to my parents" she cried out and burried her face in the crook of my neck.

"Can I ask you something?" I said and Aria looked up from my embrace. "What happened with your parents?" I said and the girl started crying even harder this time.

"They're gone.."

"What happened?" I asked and brushed the hair out of her face

"It happened two summers ago" she said  and let go of my embrace. She scooped a little to the side of the bed and gestured me to lay down next to her. I layed down and without thinking, almost like it was a habit, Aria wrapped her arms around me and layed her head on my chest. "My father was a soldier.. He was fighting the war in Afganisthan" Aria started. I knew exactly where this was going. I heard about this two years ago, and I couldn't believe her family was part of this disaster.

"Someone threw a grenade at my father and his friend, and without thinking dad threw himself on it. He saved his friends life Ezra, he's a hero" Aria cried out and I comforted her by rubbing circles on her back.

"After that they attacked my fathers camp. A lot of soldiers died, and so did my father" Aria said and a small smile appeared on her face. "He saved his friends life"

"Aria, your father died as a hero, he gave his life for his friend" I said and wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her even closer towards my body

"My mom, me and Mike got that call. That one call no one wants to hear. We heard our father and husband died in the war" Aria said and tangled her legs with mine. "My mom had to go to Afganisthan with other family from soldiers who lost their life in the war. She was one day gone when Mike and I got a call. Her plane crashed due to terrorism. Someone placed a bom in the plane" Aria sobbed and looked me in my eyes, waiting for some reassuring words.

"I'm sorry Aria, I'm so sorry" I wishpered. "But this is not the solution, you can't do this to yourself"

"I can Ezra, it's not that hard" Aria said which made me scared. So scared. She didn't regret this at all. She still wants to die.

"No. I'm gonna show you life. I'm gonna make you happy again and I'm gonna show you what it's like to be alive" I said and that caused a shy smile on her face

"I wish it was that simple" Aria laughed

"It can be. Just get rid of Noel please, I can't let him hurt you again"

"I can't.. I owe my dad" she mumbled. I shot her a confused look but she just shook her head "There's a lot you don't know Ezra"

"Why do you owe your dad? What does your dad have to do with this?"

"That friend he saved," Aria started

"Was Noel's dad"

A/N
SORRY IF THIS WASN'T THAT GOOD BUT I WANTED TO EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED TO HER PARENTS