Chapter 27

We were back again. Back on the couch, I was sitting next to Aria, Natalia opposite from us. There was one big difference though, that little smile I brought to Aria's face face never left. Natalia was just grabbing her Ipad out of her bag when I suddenly felt my handpalm being lifted from the couch as our fingers intertwined. I looked down, and back up at Aria who's smile had dissapeard for a second. She was scared for my reaction. She tried to pull her hand away from my grasp but I didn't let her. I hold her as tight as possible, now I finally could.

"Hey, hey it's okay!" I said and wrapped my arm around her tiny waist. I pulled her warm body against mine and saw that smile reappear on her face.

"Okay, we can start now, Aria-" Natalia started but stopped talking when she looked at us. "Aww, you look so adorable. A lot changed since yesterday, didn't it?" She asked with a big smile on her face. It looked like she was truly happy to see Aria like this, and that was a big difference from yesterday. An important difference.

"It did actually" I stated and brushed my thumb against Aria's handpalm.

"So, what happened when I left?" Natalia asked and I saw the smile on Aria's face dissapear. I looked at her wrist what now had a exra band aid attached to it.

"Well, it's complicated" I started and felt a little squeeze in my hand. "Things weren't going well, and something changed..." I started and I felt Aria's hands were starting to get sweaty, and her grib was getting tighter with every second. "And Aria had a little breakdown, and then this happened" I said and gently grabbed her right arm. I turned it around and showed Natalia the band that was covering the fresh wound.

"Oh god, Aria" Natalia gasped, walked towards us and knelt down in front of Aria. "This is not the solution" she said and grabbed Aria's arm. "Did you draw that smiley on the band aid?" She asked me and I nodded in approval.  She looked back at Aria and grabbed a marker. "Aria, I'm giving you an assignment. See it as homework or something." Natalia said and handed Aria the marker. "I want you to draw on your arm everyday. Draw how you feel. Sad smileys, happy smileys, everything. This marker is waterproof so it'll stay on your arm for a while. There's no need to cut yourself Aria, not at all. Your boyfriend over here was very right with drawing smileys on your arm" Natalia said and Aria nodded. My heard made a little jump when she said 'boyfriend' and after a while I noticed Natalia and Aria were further in the conversation while I was grinning like an idiot. "Try it, draw on your arm how you feel like now" Natalia asked. Aria was a little uncertain at first, but when I wrapped my arm around her waist to reassure her she seemed fine. She took the marker in her hand and started to draw. I was curious what she was gonna draw. Even though she was smiling all day, I know Aria, I know how she can fool me. She started drawing the eyes, and then the mouth. It was a good smiley. A happy smiley.

~

It was the end of the day, and Natalia was gone now. I couldn't stop staring at that little smiling face on Aria's arm. She hadn't spoken a word all day, but the little smile on her face was enough for me. She was happy again. Maybe not truly happy how she's supposed to be, but she's at least she's a little less sad now. I stood up from the couch, grabbed a glass of water for me and Aria and walked back.

"You still owe me that movie night though, and how much I hate The Notebook, I would love to watch it with you" I smiled and dropped on the couch opposite from Aria. "I understand if you're tired, it was a long day" I spoke. Aria didn't speak a word, but stood up from the couch and walked away. I sighed and rushed my hand through my hair untill, to my surprise, Aria didn't walk to my bedroom, no, she stood up to start the movie. A big smile was plastered on her face when she dropped herself back on the couch and curled herself up in a blanket. I smiled at Aria and tried to focus on the movie. It didn't really succeed though, I had the love of my life laying on a couch 10 feet away from me while we were watching a romantic movie, together. But we aren't, together. With the famous rain kiss nearing I felt more awkward with every second that past. I know I shouldn't be, I'm a grown up man, but still. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt a warm body curl up against mine, as a head rested on my chest. Aria looked up at me and smiled, before she continued watching the movie. All of my doubts and fears were gone now I had her in my arms. After a while, when the movie was finally finished, Aria had fallen asleep.

"Good, I thought I was the only one who finds this movie boring" I chuckled before I carried her to my bed. I stripped down and changed into my pyjama pants before I snuggled in next to her. I took her arm one more time and saw the happy smiley she had drawn all by herself.

"I'm so proud of you, my Aria" I wishpered before I rested my head on my pillow to fall into a peaceful sleep. It didn't succeed though, just when I was drifting away, I felt two warm lips lightly touch my cheek before Aria spoke for the first time this day.

"You're the Noah to my Allie"

A/N

I UPDATED MY ONESHOT BOOK I ADDED A ONESHOT A FEW DAYS AGO IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD IF YOU WOULD CHECK IT OUT THANKS GUYS ILY