Chapter 1: The Transformation

I was the oldest girl in the orphanage and I knew it wasn't were I belonged. To be honest, no one belonged there. But I had a gut feeling that there was someplace else. I wouldn't stop searching till I found it. So, everyday I searched for it. Today, however seemed different.

  As I was walking towards a nearby wood, I heard something rustle in the bushes. I thought someone could need some help. I walked toward the sound, keeping a sharp eye for anything unusual. I, then, reached a small clearing, that I had seen before, but it was different.

  It had a barrier all the way to the edge of each side of the wood. It also had a strange man standing in front of it. He was tall and thin. He wore a green t-shirt and blue jeans. Nothing wrong with that, right? WRONG!!! He was strange because of his eyes. They were yellow and resembled a cat's eye. They seemed to draw me closer to him. I didn't realize it but I stood in front of him, staring at the chiseled features of his face. He bent down to stare into my eyes. I, then, started to feel dizzy.

  He told me follow him as a small opening appeared in the middle of the barrier. I numbly followed him into the opening. As we walked into the opening, the man disapeared. I lost the dizzy feeling in my head and saw that the woods had turned into a jungle. I also seemed to lower to the ground, as if I was kneeling down.