Chapter 8: One Night With You...

The moment they left, the little ones attacked our paws. We started laughing at them and shook them off. Kiaan glared at me and then tackled me. He started staring into my eyes. He then pressed his nose on mine. Zara and Tanya started attacking our noses. He let me up and I rolled over. He crouched down to lick my cheek.

  "Can I go over to Hiran's, Kiaan?", I heard Shanaya say. Kiaan turned his head towards her,"Oh no! I don't like that boy. He's rude. I'll see if he can come over here and you two will hang out in plain sight!" He turned to leave,"You coming?", he said, nudging me. I nodded and we left. On the way there, we ran into Eva.

  "Funny bumping into you here?", she said, smirking."What part of 'Stay away' don't you get?", Kiaan said. She walked closer to him and rubbing her body up against him."You know your mate is standing right in front of you", she said."Or right next to me", he said, snarky. She scoffed,"You aren't his mate because I am." I scoffed,"Dream on little one."

  She turned her head towards me,"Oh look who decided to speak up. The little one who stole what was mine." I stepped forward but Kiaan put his paw in front of me,"If you mean him, he was never yours." She turned to walk away,"I'll get one night with you, Kiaan." She walked off in the direction she was going in.

  "Come on", Kiaan said,"Let's go get the boy and report back to the house." I nodded in agreement. We went to get Hiran and hurried back to the tree. As we walked into sight, we saw the parents had come home and we're already feasting. Shanaya looked up from her meal and started running toward us.