Chapter 18: The Abuse

Claire's POV

  The tiger whom tackled me turned out to be Rohan and also my "mate". I don't quite understand the whole mate system but I feel like it sorta makes sense.

  Rohan and I started to get to know each other when I saw Ira carrying a tiger cub in her mouth. She roughly dropped the small tiger."Ooh. Your gonna get it when dad gets here", she taunted the small tiger and laughed.

  The cub started crying and begging her mom to protect her. Her mom started telling her about how she shouldn't be hanging around the enemy.

  Sher Khan entered my line sight with anger covering his face. He walked up to the cub and grabbed her by her neck, causing her to whimper. He threw her down a slashed her face. He started scolding her as she cried in pain and fear.

  I tried standing up but Rohan kept me down. Sher Khan left the cub in the corner for her to cry. I overpowered Rohan and went over to the cub. She had a scratched on her cheek from Sher Khan hitting her.

  I licked her scratch to make her feel a little better. She looked up at me and jumped,"Who are you?" I smiled and said,"I'm Kiya. Your dad brought me here. I'm also Rohan's mate." She pricked her ears up and had hope in her eyes.

  "Kiya", Rohan called to me. I turned to look at him. He was a very handsome tiger. I did love him, even though I've only known him for an hour.

  "Come here, love", he said. I followed him as he left the cave. He started climbing on top of the cave. I tried keeping up with him, but I kept falling off. He laughed at my fails and I finally got up the cave.

  He sat down and I sat next to him. I leaned into him."Sorry you had to see that", he said, trying to sound apologetic. I sighed,"Why does your dad get so mad?" He shrugged,"I don't really know. He just lashes out like that." We lied down and I started purring.

  He looked at me with his bright orange eyes when Sher Khan started yelling at us to head in the cave. He told us to go to bed and to get some sleep. It was a long day.