Chapter 10: I Miss Them...

Sarah's POV

Mom stopped Shanaya before she passed her up."I can't wait to hang out with you", she said. Mom laughed,"Not before a bath", she said before licking the top of her head. Kiaan, Hiran, and I all giggled. Kiaan nudged me,"You want to head up to our branch?" I nodded and he lead me up. We laid on the branch and talked.

"So, what was your life like before you came to us?", he asked. I turned my head away. Memories of Claire and Ashley flashed in my head. My vision became blurry with tears. He looked at me with concern,"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." He turned his head away. I looked at him and smiled,"No. You're fine. It just..." He pricked his ears up as my head drifted down."I miss them", I said, bursting into tears.

He pulled me into a hug,"Shhh. I should've kept my mouth shut". I stopped my crying,"No. I'm fine." I saw Shanaya popped into view, looking very annoyed."Look you two. Besides the fact that you embarrassed me in front of Hiran, I'm mad at you. But that matter can be discussed later. Mom needs you both. Something that us kids can't hear."

Kiaan and I looked at each other. He shrugged and jumped down. I followed him and we approached my parents. They looked at us with serious expressions. "Alright. I know it's going to be a war but we need to get Sara to ours and she needs to be here forever", Bagheera said, sternly.

Talked for hours until the little ones got tired. My parents picked the two up and walked out of the room, leaving Kiaan and I alone in the room. Kiaan looked at me and sternly said,"I'm not losing you again. You aren't fighting with us." He turned his back towards me."What do you mean 'I'm not fighting'? This is my battle", I said, catching up to him. He quickly turned around and tackled me."You are not fighting!", he yelled, making me wince.