Chapter 17: The Poor Tiger

Sarah's POV

  My head hurt from falling on the ground when Kiaan pushed me. I open my eyes to see a very excited mate looking at me. He licked my cheek telling me to relax. I heard a sudden growl from down in the main room.

  I got up and headed down the branch, with Kiaan following closely behind. I saw Sher Khan and Eva standing in the room with Bagheera standing opposite to them. I quickly joined my father and so did Kiaan. I felt Ira coward behind me.

  "Give Ira to me! I know you have her!", Sher Khan growled through bared teeth. Ira whimpered behind me and I felt her body shake. Sher Khan saw her and quickly smirked,"Ira, sweetheart. Come here." She shook her head no and fell back behind me.

  Sher Khan widened his eyes and made his voice more firm,"Come here, Ira." Ira started to cry,"No, dad. I like it here!" I hadn't realized it, but Eva had made her way around us and snatched her sister up.

  "No! Eva put me down!", she screamed, trying to get out of her sisters grasp. Sher Khan smirked at his eldest daughter,"Take her home, Eva", he said,"I will deal with her at home."

  Eva left with Ira in her grasp, whilst Sher Khan stayed back to smirk at me,"You have no idea what your about to experience, Sara." He turned and left our tree. I collapsed in pain as my head hurt from earlier. Kiaan rushed to my side and licked my cheek causing me to relax.

  My mom came to me with some food and some water. Bagheera left in anger to his branch, my mom following him. Kiaan began feeding me my food so I was able to stand up with ease. My head still hurt, but I got over it.

  I started thinking about Ira. That poor tiger. She doesn't deserve a father as mean as he is. I wonder how she is treated at home.