Chapter 13: The Runaway Cub

I looked back at the cub,"Where's your father and sister, little one?" She looked at me with wide eyes," I ran away. All I wanna do is play with the panthers, but daddy won't let me." She slumped. I looked at her and it was hard to be callous.

  I looked at her and smiled,"Of course you can come play with the girls. What's your name, little one?" She looked at me, hopefully,"Ira. It means watchful." She smiled as I invited her to play with the twins.

  As all of us were playing, I heard Kiaan growl. I turned towards him to see him ready to pounce."Sara, move", Kiaan said in a low growl. I stood in front of of the cubs,"No, Kiaan." He straightened up at my reaction. He walked towards me,"Little princess doesn't command a king."

  I scoffed,"In this case, she does. You aren't going to touch Ira." Ira started to coward behind my leg."Your protecting the enemy", Kiaan said, strictly."She isn't our enemy. Sher Khan is", I yelled. Kiaan looked at the little cubs,"Girls. Take Ira upstairs." Zara, Tanya, and Ira ran to their branch.

  After they were gone, I looked back at Kiaan. He, then, attacked me and pinned my shoulders down. He growled in my face. My vision became blurry with fear. He looked me confused. Everything started to become dark."Sara? Sara!", was the last thing I heard.