Chapter 14: What Did I Do?

Kiaan's POV

I got off of her and licked her cheek, hoping she'd wake up. I started to panic. The three cubs came running down to try and help. She laid there unconscious. I felt one tear slip away from me. I looked around,"Where the hell is Shanaya?" She came running up the tree,"I'm right here, Kiaan."

She helped me put Sara on my back and I brought her up to our branch. Shanaya helped me gently lay her on the branch."Leave. I want her to myself", I said, letting more tears slip away. As soon as she left, I nudged her head. As I sat in silence, I heard her mother come into the tree.

She came straight to Sara's side. She immediately started crying,"My little girl." She sobbed into her shoulder blade. She darted her head towards me,"What did you do?" She approached me causing me to flinch,"I don't know what I did. That's my problem."

We sat in silence while Bagheera went hunting. I drowned myself I thought, thinking what I could've done. I came to the conclusion that I banged her head on the ground to hard. I sighed and looked at her lifeless body, even though she was still breathing.

It had been hours since she passed out and she was still out cold. Kiara insisted I eat, but I didn't want to leave Sara alone. So, Kiara brought me up a piece of meat. "Thanks", I said. She left me with a smile. I could hear her stomach growl and I knew she was hungry.

I wish she would wake up to eat something. I know this is all my fault. Ira came up to her and shoved herself under her paw. I looked at her and felt sorry for her. She soon fell asleep and I heard Sara grunt. She began lifting her head and my eyes became wide with excitement.