Chapter 2: The Chance Meeting

I took my hand off my head and looked at it. My vision was still very blurry, but I could still tell it was different. It had turned black and was huge. It looked more like a paw then anything else. I picked up the other one and fell on my face. My vision had cleared and I saw that my hands had turn into huge paws. And I wasn't kneeling on the ground like I thought I was. I was on all fours and covered in a thin layer of black fur.

  I thought about screaming but what would that help? I tried looking for the man but he disappeared from sight. I turned around to go back through the opening, but the barrier was gone. All that was there was a river in its place. I turned back around and started walking. It felt weird walking on four legs. I kept trying to get up off of what use to be my hands. I'd fallen so many times, I swear I got brain damage.

  After about the 5th time falling, I notice someone in the distance. "Hey!", I called out, hoping he'd stop. Not only did he stop, but two glowing green eyes studied me. The eyes body turned to face me. The person got off of him and the eyes started running toward me. The closer he got to me, I could make out a dark brown panther.

  He stopped a few feet from my face. "Please be her...", I heard him mumble. He looked in my eyes and they started to glow. As he stared into my eyes, I felt my eyes glow with his. "You are her!", he exclaimed. I looked at him very confused. "What are you talking about? I'm just trying to get home.", I said. He took a couple of steps towards me. "No", he said, "You are home."