Chapter 15: Still Searching

Claire's POV

  It has been two weeks since Sarah went missing. I haven't been focusing in school, just longing to hear her voice. I know, where ever she is, she is fighting to get back to me and Ashley. Even if she doesn't come back, I know she misses us.

  Ashley's been picking me up from school since Sarah disappeared. It's different with Ash. She, nonstop, sings off-key to the music on the radio. She's always checking her phone, hardly paying attention to the road. I feel like we are going to go off the road.

  With Sarah, she would pay attention to every detail of the road, with her Spotify account connected to the car. At least we haven't crashed yet and I'm still alive.

  Ash was trying to drive me to the spot Sarah disappeared so I could pick up any clues, since the police are giving up on her. I knew the spot she disappeared from so I went almost every day to look for clues.

All I ever found were a couple of small things she kept on her like her chapstick and her key. It didn't really help though since they were both in the middle of nowhere. No leads to anyone ever being there besides her.

  Ash parked in the parking lot of the park,"Alright, Claire. We're here. Please don't go far." I smiled and shrugged," You know I won't."

  I got out of the car, leaving my backpack in the car. I started walking towards the path she usually walked on, when I heard a small noise coming from the bushes. I thought maybe it was a hurt animal so I walked towards it.

  I looked in the bushes and nothing was there. I looked beyond the bushes to see a tall man about Sarah's age staring at me. His eyes seemed to capture my attention, luring me in. I walked numbly towards him. I stopped inches away from him. He closed in on me, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. He spun me around, put a hand over my mouth, and lead me into the gap in the fence.