Chapter 23: Our Plan

Sarah's POV

  As I approached Kiaan, he stared at me, watching my every move. "Can we talk, in private?", I asked him, keeping my voice low so that my mom couldn't hear. He nodded and we ran up the branch.

  We laid down on the branch and he gave me a confused look. I sighed as I started to tell him me and Kiya's plan. As I said before, we were going to kiss up to them and the convince them to join in on the plan. Our final battle was tomorrow so this had to work.

  "So...", I began explaining the plan, explaining everything. From how Kiya and I know each other to how the plan is supposed to work. He nodded along and he stayed silent, no questions asked. Once I was done, he stared at me, thinking. He explained that it was a good plan and he wondered how the other side would react to it.

  "I'm in", he said, triumphantly. My face lit up and I jumped on him, pulling him into a hug. He pulled away from me and smiled. I turned to walk back to the main room, but was stopped by an eager mate. He smirked and tackled me. His nose connected with mine and I felt the same way I did when I first met him.

  When he got off of me, I flopped on my side and sighed. I knew my plan was working and I had the best mate in the world. My life was awesome. I told Kiaan I was going for a walk and left the tree. As the tree disappeared in the distance, I saw Kiya, with her head down.

  I rushed to her, concerned. She was crying when I approached her. "What happened?", I asked. She lifted her face and a large scratch was across her eye. "Eva attacked me. She said I was no good for Rohan. That I was no good for the family", she said, between sobs.

  Anger filled my blood. There was no stopping me from what I was about to do. I ran past her towards their cave, growling constantly. I heard Kiya yelling for me to stop but I kept going. I reached their cave and immediately saw Rohan, crying.

  I searched for Eva, but she was no where. Neither was Sher Khan, which was odd. I spotted Iris and approached her. "Where are they?", I spoke with a harsh tone. She looked at me in fear,"They went out for a hunt." Rohan saw me and ran towards me,"Where'd she go?"

  I led him to Kiya. As he saw her, he rushed to her side. She cried into his fur, soaking his fur with tears and blood from the wound. I asked her about our plan and she said he had agreed to it. I told her was going on from my side and she finally smiled.

  Tomorrow was the final fight. Our plan would finally end and we would be together. I was so excited for tomorrow. The sun started to set and we said our goodbyes. I ran back to the tree, as they started to eat.

  We ate, put the cubs to bed, then talked about the fight. I just nodded my head along with what Bagheera was saying. Afterwards, we all went to bed to get a good night's sleep. I dreamt about the plan and how all of us would be together at last. Tomorrow would be the best day ever.